[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 2-10-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:34:27 EST 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 5-7 pm.

1) Brooks Tegler Big Band-The Glider (That's It)
2) Frank Rosolino-Carl Fontana-All Blues (Trombone Heaven-Vancouver 1978)

Remembering Chris Anderson (passed Feb. 4)
3) Chris Anderson-The Folks Who Live On The Hill (Love Locked Out)
4) Chris Anderson-Sophisticated Lady (Solo Ballads)

5) Eliane Elias-A Sleeping Bee (Something For You)
6) Enrico Rava/Stefano Bollani-Retrato em Blanco y Preto (The Third Man)
7) Guillermo Klein-Fascinating Rhythm/Moliendo Cafe (Una Nave)
8) Chick Corea & Gary Burton-Bud Powell (The New Christel Silence)
9) Ron Blake-Teddy (Shayari)
10) Massimo Biolcati w/Getchen Parlato-Clouds (Persona)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Roland Hanna [birthday]
11) Roland Hanna-Bags (Everything I Love)
12) Roland Hanna & George Mraz-Summertime (Porgy & Bess)
13) Roland Hanna-My Heart Stood Still (Frank Morgan: You Must Believe In Spring)

Remembering Tata Guines [passed on Feb. 4)
14) Tata Guines w/Hilario Duran-Three For One (Killer Tumbao)
15) Tata Guines w/Chico O'Farrill-Descargo Numero Dos (Cuba I Am Time)
16) Tata Guines w/Cachao-Estudio en Trompeta (Cuban Jam Session Vol. 2)
17) Tata Guines w/Estrellas De Arieto-U La La (Los Heroes)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com