[JPL] Second Annual Jazz Gala

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Mon Feb 11 08:08:20 EST 2008

Aloha Jae,

Would LOVE to try to come next year!

The light is on....

Brad

________________________________

From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com on behalf of Jae Sinnett
Sent: Sun 10/02/2008 22:08
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Second Annual Jazz Gala

This week's sponsor: Pacific Coast Jazz

Two new Pacific Coast Jazz albums are in stores now and on radio:

Roberta Donnay's ''What's Your Story'' - ''...a major new find... highly recommended'' with 5 albums behind her and Orrin Keepnews by her side, this album is destined for a Grammy.  She performs across the nation and in Europe.  www.robertadonnay.com

The Bruce Eskovitz Jazz Orchestra's ''Invitation'' to you is to listen and capture this ''...hard swinging, straight-ahead, good-time modern jazz.''  This CD release party is at The Jazz Bakery in LA on February 17.  www.bruceeskovitz.com

Radio promo by New World 'N' Jazz, Neal Sapper, 415-453-1558 & Matt Hughes, 732-835-5050.  Label: Pacific Coast Jazz, 858-484-8609 Email donna at pacificcoastjazz.com   check out all of our artists at www.pacificcoastjazz.com

Pacific Coast Jazz wishes all of our friends a great 2008.

Tonight was another special night locally for jazz. The second annual Jazz Gala was held this evening honoring Freddie Hubbard. It was good to see Freddie...his spirits were up and he's working hard on getting himself back together to play again. He didn't play tonight. Slide Hampton, David Weiss, Winard Harper, Javon Jackson, James Spaulding, David Hazeltine, Roy Ayers, Marlena Shaw and Louis Hayes and more were on hand. Frank Foster was there as well and a great time was had by all. This event is starting to take off and now the city of VA Beach is getting involved and it will be bigger next year. Then there was Obama speaking to 18,000 about five blocks down the street...at the same time. Amazing. What a great night of jazz and the masterclasses were a big hit with the students as well. Maybe some on the list can make it next year. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Jae Sinnett