[JPL] Young Players

David Kunian dkunian at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 11 10:20:44 EST 2008

How young are you talking?  I consider if you still stand up when you
play, you're young.  But if you sit, you're not necessarily old.

Matt Perrine - sousaphonist extrordinaire (don't believe me - watch
Letterman tonight as he plays behind the great trombone rock band
Bonerama) - has a great trad band.  He's under 40.  His record Sunshine
City is fantastic - trad like you've never heard it.

Glen David Andrews and the Lazy 6 - Glen is in his 30s.

There are also some younger brass bands in New Orleans that could do it
- The TBC and a couple others.

Shamarr Allen - 30 year old trumpet man.

Kermit Ruffins - 40 year old trumpeter and great live performer

For other players in their forties/fifties - trombonist Rick Trolsen,
clarinettists and composers Tim Laughlin and Evan Christopher, pianist
Tom McDermott, drummer Shannon Powell.

All can be found in New Orleans.  Contact me off list if you need a number.

dk