[JPL] Grammy/Herbie

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 11:12:30 EST 2008

Firstly, congratulations to Herbie. He masterfully walk that line of accessibility and thought provoking art on the record. Now, I'm certainly not surprised but just about every report I've heard or read on the show last evening focused on Winehouse and West...two musicians whose work inspires millions of creative artists across the globe with its deep understanding and demonstration of thought provoking musical applications. It's like... oh... and then there was the surprise Album of the Year award to Herbie Hancock. Now back to Winehouse...Some in the media even acted like...what's that about?  The nerve. One even said..." Winehouse won five and was nominated for six...I have no idea how she didn't win the Album Of the Year." A frighteningly large portion of the culture is amazingly ignorant to the processes of life that actually make us better as people through compelling art and what it is someone like Herbie does to create, protect and enhance it.

  Jae Sinnett