[JPL] Grammy/Herbie

jturton at comcast.net jturton at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 12:17:34 EST 2008

Jae,

I think that's why Herbie winning was such a surprise. Amy Winehouse, Kanye and the Foo Fighters were winning everything they were nominated for so for any one of them to not win was major. A rare moment of artistic vision and good taste wins out at the Grammy's. I actually was interested to see the coverage this morning. WHile most years Album Of Year leads the post Grammy coverage, this morning on all the major networks it was almost a post-script to their coverage. NPR did have the good taste to make a big deal out of it in comparison but you could tell the rest were almost embarrassed by Herbie's win

Jeff

From: Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com>