[JPL] Young Players

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 12:35:39 EST 2008

EdBride at aol.com wrote:

> <<..15 year old Grace Kelly..>>
>

> Sorry...I should have included this in the previous message. Go to her  site,
> gracekellymusic.com, and click to her videos. My favorite is the one in
> which she is jamming with Phil Woods, who takes off his leather cap and places  it
> on her head. That's a moment of history, because she wears it on every  gig.
>
> Disclosure: it's my favorite because it occurred here at the Pittsfield
> CityJazz Festival, of which I am chairman.
>
> Ed

I have interviewed Grace several times. My first interview with her was
a couple years ago. Not only do I enjoy her playing but I am amazed at
her level of maturity and her poise and confidence. She is a pleasure to
interview. She will be on my show again for an interview on March 4th at
9 pm. Listen online at www.wgbh.org/jazz.

The first time I interviewed her I asked her about the band program at
Brookline High School. I was sure shocked when she told me that she
didn't go to Brookline High. She was in elementary School!

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston
www.wgbh.org/jazz