[JPL] Young Players

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:49:37 EST 2008

There is this 11 or 12 year old trumpeter named Tyler Lindsey. I watched Tyler grow up here but his family recently relocated to Seattle so Jim keep an eye out for him. He came back just for the event last night and played. Blew Freddie and everyone else away. Tyler is ready to go out and play professionally. I was amazed at his understanding of the concept of how jazz works...and to be so young. He has it together now. They said they were going to play "Cherokee." Someone...I think Frank...yell "how fast?" They responded "how fast do you want it?"  He said "way up?" That they did. WAY UP! This kid was killin. He has progressed tremendously over the past year. I'm sure some company at some point will make contact with him. After all there are many great players that few know anything about but most aren't 11 years old.

Jae Sinnett

"Dr. Jazz" <drjazz at drjazz.com> wrote:
  This week's sponsor: Pacific Coast Jazz

Two new Pacific Coast Jazz albums are in stores now and on radio:

Roberta Donnay's ''What's Your Story'' - ''...a major new find... highly recommended'' with 5 albums behind her and Orrin Keepnews by her side, this album is destined for a Grammy. She performs across the nation and in Europe. www.robertadonnay.com

The Bruce Eskovitz Jazz Orchestra's ''Invitation'' to you is to listen and capture this ''...hard swinging, straight-ahead, good-time modern jazz.'' This CD release party is at The Jazz Bakery in LA on February 17. www.bruceeskovitz.com

Radio promo by New World 'N' Jazz, Neal Sapper, 415-453-1558 & Matt Hughes, 732-835-5050. Label: Pacific Coast Jazz, 858-484-8609 Email donna at pacificcoastjazz.com check out all of our artists at www.pacificcoastjazz.com

Pacific Coast Jazz wishes all of our friends a great 2008.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

15 year old Grace Kelly.
'Nuff said!

Dr. Jazz