[JPL] Playlist, 1-18-08, Jazz From Blue Lake, Jimmy Cobb

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:45:26 EST 2008

Jazz From Blue Lake
WBLV FM 90.3/WBLU FM 88.9
www.bluelake.org

Friday
January 18, 2008

10 p.m. - 3 a.m. est

10 p.m.

Duke Ellington, Rhapsody In Blue; Complete Reprise: Mosaic.
Jimmy Cobb, Mr. Lucky; Marsalis Music Honors: Marsalis Music.
Ron DeSalvio, Cobb's Throb; Essence of Green: Origin.
Christian McBride, Newest Blues; New York Time: Chesky.
Jazz Datebook.
Hot Lips Page, Baby, It's Cold Outside; Jump For Joy: Columbia.
Woody Herman, Brotherhood of Man; 40th Anniversary Carnegie Hall Concert: RCA.
Manhattan Jazz Quintet, Wind Machine; Someday My Prince Will Come: Video Arts.
Holly Cole, Charade; Holly Cole: Koch.
Bobo Moreno/Ernie Wilkins Almost Big Band, How High The Moon; Out of
this World: Sundance.
Hans Glawschnig, Oceanography; Panorama: Sunnyside.

11 p.m.

Miles Davis Quintet, On Green Dolphin Street; Complete Miles and
Coltrane: Columbia.
Miles Davis Quintet, So What; Live in Stockholm: Dragon.
Jazz Datebook.
Joe Lovano Quartet, Stella By Starlight; I'm All for You: Blue Note.
Hank Jones/Joe Lovano, Soultrane; Kids: Blue Note.
Joe Locke, All of You; Sticks and Strings: Jazzeyes.
Billie Holiday, I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm; Complete Verve: Verve.

12 a.m.

Kenny Burrell/John Coltrane, Lyresto; Burrell/Coltrane: Prestige.
John Coltrane, Naima/Fifth House; Heavyweight Champion: Rhino.
Miles Davis Quintet, Someday My Prince Will Come; Live at the
Blackhawk: Columbia.
Nicole Mitchell's Black Earth Ensemble, Cause and Effect; Black
Unstoppable: Delmark.
Trudy Pitts, Amazing Grace; Live at the GAMH: Tippin.
Frank Hewitt, Blue Gardenia; Four Hundred Saturdays: Smalls.
Jazz Datebook.

1 a.m.

Dinah Washington, Wheel of Fortune/Trouble in Mind; A Slick Chick on
the Mellow Side: EmArcy.
Dinah Washington, I Get A Kick Out of You/This Can't Be Love; The Jazz
Sides: EmArcy.
Nat Adderley, Work Song; We Remember Cannon: In & Out.
Wes Montgomery, Blue N Boogie; Live at Tsubo's: Prestige.
Wes Montgomery, Impressions; Best of: Verve.
Jimmy Cobb, Johnny One Note; Honors Series: Marsalis Music.

2 a.m.

50th Anniversary Monterey Jazz Fest. All Stars , Squeeze Me; Live
2007: Monterey Jazz Records.
Duke Ellington, Peer Gynt Suite; Three Suites: Columbia.
Buddy DeFranco, Ill Wind; Charlie Cat II: Arbors.
Art Pepper, Softly As In A Morning Sunrise; Gettin' Together: Contemporary.
Miles Davis Quintet, All Blues; Kind of Blue: Columbia.
Ron DiSalvio, Six Shade of Green; Essence of Green: Origin.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids
Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.