[JPL] Playlist, 1-19-08, 7-10 a.m. Jazz a la Carte

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:13:09 EST 2008

Jazz a la Carte

Saturday
January 19, 2008

7 a.m.

J.J. Johnson, Minor Mist; J.J. Inc.: Columbia.
Dexter Gordon, The Group; Generation: Columbia.
Freddie Hubbard, Clarence's Place; The Body and the Soul: Impulse.
Holly Cole, It's Alright With Me; Holly Cole: Koch.
Jazz Datebook
Eliane Elias, Blue In Green; Something For You: Verve.
Ron DiSalvio, Essence of Green; Essence of Green: Origin.
Interview, Joe Lovano, 1-10-08.
Paul Motian Trio, Time and Time Again; Time and Time Again: ECM.
Frank Kimbrough, It Should Have Happened A Long Time Ago; Air: Palmetto.

8 a.m.

Cab Calloway, Frosty Morning; Tulsa to Harlem: Delmark.
Keith Jarrett Trio, The Song is You; My Foolish Heart: ECM.
Interview, Joe Lovano, 1-10-08.
Joe Lovano, Chelsea Bridge; Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn: Blue Note.
Joe Lovano Ensemble, Boplicity; Streams of Expression: Blue Note.
Joey Calderazzo, The Amanecer; The Amanecer: Marsalis Music.
Hans Glawischnig, Panorama; Panorama: Sunnyside.
Joe Henderson, Mode for Joe; Mode for Joe: Blue Note.
Donald Byrd, Pentatonic; Black Jack: Blue Note.

9 a .m.

Billie Holiday, I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm; Complete Verve: Verve.
Woody Herman, Brotherhood of Man; 40th Anniversary at Carnegie Hall: RCA.
Charlie Parker, Confirmation; Now's the Time: Verve.
John Coltrane, Giant Steps; Giant Steps: Atlantic.
Interview, Joe Lovano, 1-10-08.
Joe Lovano Quartet, Bird's Eye View; Joyous Encounter: Blue Note.
McCoy Tyner, Search for Peace; Quartet: Half Note.
Hank Jones/Joe Lovano, Four In One; Kids: Blue Note.
Shelia Jordan, It's You or No One; Celebration: Half Note.
Manhattan Jazz Quintet, Wind Machine; Someday My Prince Will Come: Videoarts.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids
Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.