[JPL] Grammy/Herbie

s8nochaser at aol.com s8nochaser at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 19:11:46 EST 2008

 I'm as pleasantly surprised as anyone by the result (didn't watch the show , and usually do not).

It dawns on me that the reasons why , probably, are the star power of Norah Jones and Tina Turner.

I'm guessing that those of us here listen to the marvelous things that occurred on the CD *after* the singers stepped away from the mic; the Herbie & Wayne Show! I'd also figure that most listeners concentrate on the singers as opposed to the band, and may not appreciate how great the musicians surrounding the vocalists are, and what they do on that recording.

My 2¢

Mike Schwartz/KSJS