[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, February 11, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Feb 11 19:22:32 EST 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, February 11, 2008
Grammy winners! Herbie Hancock, Michael Brecker, Paquito D'Rivera, Terence Blanchard, and Maria Schneider

8:00 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Court and Spark Verve 2007

8:09 PM Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Watermelon Man Blue Note 1962
8:16 PM Herbie Hancock My Point of View And What If I Don't Blue Note 1963
8:22 PM Miles Davis Miles Smiles Freedom Jazz Dance Columbia 1965

8:32 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Solitude Verve 2007
8:37 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Amelia Verve 2007

8:47 PM Michael Brecker Pilgrimage When Can I Kiss You Again? Verve 2007
8:56 PM Paquito D'Rivera Funk Tango Mariela's Dream Sunnyside 2007

9:05 PM Terence Blanchard A Tale of God's Will Wading Through Blue Note 2007
9:12 PM Terence Blanchard A Tale of God's Will Ghost of 1927 Blue Note 2007
9:14 PM Terence Blanchard A Tale of God's Will Funeral Dirge Blue Note 2007

9:21 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Edith and the Kingpin Verve 2007
9:28 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Nefertiti Verve 2007

9:37 PM Paquito D'Rivera Funk Tango Caravan Sunnyside 2007
9:45 PM Dee Dee Bridgewater Red Earth Afro-Blue EmArcy 2007
9:50 PM Bobby Sanabria Big Band Urban Folk Tales  Jazzheads 2007

10:00 PM Monterey Jazz Fest All-Stars 50th Anniversary Be-Bop MJF 2008
10:07 PM Horace Silver Live at Newport '58 Cool Eyes Blue Note 2008

10:20 PM Eliane Elias Something for You My Foolish Heart Blue Note 2008
10:24 PM Kurt Elling Nightmoves Leaving Again/In the Wee Small Hours Concord Jazz 2007
10:29 PM Larry Willis The Offering Melancholia High Note 2008

10:35 PM Maria Schneider Sky Blue Cerulean Skies Artist Share 2007

10:57 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Both Sides Now Verve 2007

Tuesday: Golden Anniverary feature: Ornette Coleman's Something Else!; new releases by David Fathead Newman, Ron Blake and Jimmy Greene.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR