[JPL] Tom Scott

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Mon Feb 11 20:54:51 EST 2008

Hey Mitchell,

I'm with you on this Tom Scott CD.
The production is perfection and the musicianship right down the middle.

I first became aware of his sound when he toured with Joni Mitchell back on
her Court and Spark album.   Wasn't Jaco on that tour too?  What a band.
But I digress.

I'm always looking for a good classic that adds just enough of today to make
it interesting and this Cannonball tribute sure fits the bill.  I was also
impressed with Nancy Wilson's work on this.  As time goes by, singers'
capabilities can slip, but she is solid on this.

I'm betting it will top our chart and maybe get some smooth play too.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix
Streaming @ kjzz.org