[JPL] Tom Scott

Robert Putignano bob8003 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 23:03:45 EST 2008

Exactly Larry, Max Bennett bass, the late John Guerin on drums, Joe Sample keyboards, and Robben Ford on guitar, but the studio LP-Court and Spark had a similar lineup except Larry Carlton played guitar, but Carlton did not go on the road with Joni's band.

Larry Appelbaum <jumpmonk at hotmail.com> wrote: This week's sponsor: Pacific Coast Jazz

Two new Pacific Coast Jazz albums are in stores now and on radio:

Roberta Donnay's ''What's Your Story'' - ''...a major new find... highly recommended'' with 5 albums behind her and Orrin Keepnews by her side, this album is destined for a Grammy.  She performs across the nation and in Europe.  www.robertadonnay.com

The Bruce Eskovitz Jazz Orchestra's ''Invitation'' to you is to listen and capture this ''...hard swinging, straight-ahead, good-time modern jazz.''  This CD release party is at The Jazz Bakery in LA on February 17.  www.bruceeskovitz.com

Radio promo by New World 'N' Jazz, Neal Sapper, 415-453-1558 & Matt Hughes, 732-835-5050.  Label: Pacific Coast Jazz, 858-484-8609 Email donna at pacificcoastjazz.com   check out all of our artists at www.pacificcoastjazz.com

Pacific Coast Jazz wishes all of our friends a great 2008.

 > I'm with you on this Tom Scott CD...
> I first became aware of his sound when he toured with Joni Mitchell back on
> her Court and Spark album.   Wasn't Jaco on that tour too?  What a band.

Blaise,

That tour was with the L.A. Express. The bassist was likely Max Bennett.

Larry

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power.
http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan--