[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 2/10

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Feb 12 09:27:44 EST 2008

Another weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight (Lakeland Jazz Festival)

Ed Michaels      Up Jumped Spring            Going Beyond
Nice

Lakeland Jazz Orchestra     Niece Piece    New Music from Ohio     Lakeland

Dave Sterner         Split Kick                     What's What
Sterner

The Coryells     Sentenza-first mvmt          The Coryells
Chesky

Larry Coryell       Moment's Notice     Major Jazz, Minor Blues       32
Jazz

Larry Coryell         Dolphin Dance                  Inner Urge
High Note

1:00AM

Tom Knific                Something               Mayan Myths
Sea Breeze

Sara Gazarek               Carey                     Return to You
Native Language

Herbie Hancock    Both Sides Now                River
Verve

Eric Alexander     Blues for David     Temple of Olympic Zeus       High
Note

Larry Willis                 The Rock               The Offering
High Note

Linda Dachtyl     Les Chats Bleus            For Hep Cats
Chicken Coup

2:00AM

Debbie Poryes   I Hadn't Anyone Till You       A Song in Jazz
Jazzschool

David Brandom        Spruce Goose               No Way Out
Blujazz

Donny McCaslin     Madonna                        In Pursuit
Sunnyside

Fraser Macpherson     Struttin' With Some Barbecue

                                                                Live at
Puccini's                  Cellarlive

James Dapogny     Today's Blues         Our Town, Our Time
Megawave

Dick Hyman   My Fate is In Your Hand         .Plays Fats Waller    Reference

Mike Walbridge     Big Butter amd Egg Manm     Crazy Rhythm      Delmark

Art Hodes           Tin Roof Blues         Friar's Inn Revisited
Delmark

3:00AM

Pat Metheny            Day Trip                         (same)
Nonesuch

Tom Dempsey-Tim Ferguson  As Spring Begins

                                                               What's Going
On?                City Tone

John Abercrombie    Wishing Bell            The Third Quartet
ECM

Larry Coryell      Straight, No Chaser         Laid Back and Blues
Rhombus

Jason Kao Hwang     Walking Pictures   Stories Before Within         Innova

Jon Hammersam-Dom Minasi    Latino Mio        Quartet                  CDM

4:00AM

Dewey Redman         Thren           The Struggle Continues              ECM

Ari Brown      Richard's Tune        Live at the Green Mill
Delmark

Bennie Maupin     Ensenada               The Jewel in the Lotus
ECM

Maceo Parker    What'd I Say              Roots and Grooves
Heads Up

John Scofield     Hit the Road, Jack     That's What I Say
Verve

David Newman     Drown in My Tears  I Remember Brother Ray    High Note

Lonnie Smith    Spinning Wheel                  Droppin' Science
Blue Note

5:00AM

Woody Herman     You Dirty Dog                Mosaic Select
Mosaic

Gerald Wilson          Blues                        Monterey Moods
Mack Avenue

Miles Davis               So What                      Monterey 1963
MJF

Keith Jarrett                Four                        My Foolish Heart
ECM

JJ Johnson-Kai Winding    Four Plus Four     Jay and Kai + 6
Collectables

Jiggs Whigham-Carl Fontana    Mini-Bar Blues

                                                  Keepin' Up with the Bonses
Troppe Note/Cambria

Keith Jarrett      Moon and Sand                New York Sessions
ECM

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV