[JPL] Playlist: WCVE Tuesday February 12

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Feb 12 21:44:25 EST 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday February 12, 2008

(Cole Porter) Just One of Those Things - New Jazz Sounds: The Urbane
Sessions - Benny Carter - Verve - 314 531 637-2

(Livingstin, Evans) I Was a Little Too Lonely and You Were a Little Too
Late - The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic
- 138 Disc XVIII

(Smith) Carson City Stage - The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol
Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentet with Chet
Baker - Mosaic - 102-Disc 1

(Ellington, Strayhorn) Such Sweet Thunder / The Star Crossed Lovers /
Madness in Great Ones / Half the Fun - Such Sweet Thunder - Duke Ellington
- Columbia/Legacy - CK 65568

(David Hazeltine) We All Love Moody - Homage - James Moody - Savoy Jazz -
SVY 17200

(Mercer, Mandel) Emily - Hallmarks: The Best of Jim Hall - Jim Hall and
George Shearing - Concord Jazz - CCD2 30076-2

(Burns) Rapid Shave - Queen of the Organ - Shirley Scott - Impulse -
GRD-123

(Frank Kimbrough) Ca'lina - Air - Frank Kimbrough - Palmetto records - PM
2127

8:01 NPR News

(Freddie Hubbard) The Core - Free for All - Freddie Hubbard - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84170 2

(Elvin Jones) Blues to Elvin - Coltrane Plays the Blues - John Coltrane -
Atlantic Jazz - 1382-2

(P. Lee, W. Schluger) I Love Being Here with You - Here with You - Libby
York - www.libbyyork.com

(Irving Berlin) Who Do You Love I Hope - Candy - Lee Morgan - Blue Note -
CDP 7 46508 2

(Johnny Mandel) Barbara's Theme - The Klobas/Kesecker Ensemble - KK-2477

(Sam Jones) Blue Funk - Portrait of Cannonball - Cannonball Adderly -
Riverside - OJCCD-361-2

(Neal Hefti) It's Awfully Nice to Be with You - In a Hefti Bag - The Frank
Capp Juggernaut - Concord Jazz - CCD-4655

(Boogaloo Joe Jones) No Way - Discovery - Grover Washington Jr. - Prestige
- PRCD-11020-2

(Cole Porter) You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to - Anita O'Day Swings Cole
Porter - Verve - 840 266-2

9:01 NPR News

(Soren Moller) Brooklyn - Nordic Disruption - NYNDK - Jazzheads - JH 1159

(Adam Shulman) Bounce - On Second Thought - Adam Shulman Quartet - Kabocha
- BO15

(Sanpson, Goodman, Mills) If Dreams Come True / (Carmichael, Gorrell)
Georgia on My Mind - Butch and Doc - Butch Thompson and Doc Cheatam -
Daring CD 3012

(Henderson, Trent) Goose Pimples - Fraser Macpherson Trio Live at
Puccini's 1977 - Fraser Macpherson - Cellar Live - CL010177

(Reinhardt) Swing 41 - Django Reinhardt and the Hot Club de France Disc B:
1939-1940 - JSP Records - JSPCD 904B

(Arlen, Koehler) I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - The Complete Capitol
Recordings of Art Tatum - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 21325 2 3

(Dorothy Fields and Jerome Kern) A Fine Romance / (Dorothy Fields, Jimmy
McHugh)  I Must Have That Man - Lady Day: The best of Billie Holiday -
Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 85979

(Dave Brubeck) In Your own Sweet Way - The Nights of Bradley's - Kirk
Lightsey and Rufus Reid - Sunnyside - SSC 1136