[JPL] Depth of Emotion (Liebman, Saindon) update

Ed Saindon edsaindon at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 10:05:25 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,

My thanks to jazz programmers that have played and are playing Depth of Emotion with Dave Liebman and myself. In addition to some recent positive reviews and the Pick of the Week on The Jazz Jury broadcast by UK's  jazz radio station the Jazz, we are getting some decent airplay throughout the States, Europe and South America.

Depth of Emotion's opening track, "The Last Goodbye," written for legendary educator and trumpeter Herb Pomeroy, is available for download at All About Jazz. To date, it has been downloaded 1,400 times. If anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/jazzdownload.php?id=2951

I would also like to say that not all of us musicians with our own label can afford hiring a publicist or someone who is hired to track a new recording. We basically are putting up the money ourselves to hire the band and put out the funds for the producation costs, so there is not a lot left to spend on anything else. I think this is the case for quite a few other colleagues since I have spoken with many other musicians who have put out their recording on their own label.

So, it is gratifying to get some airplay without a publicist and hiring someone to "work the record" and call up the jazz programmers up on a weekly basis. I figured I would put the new CD out there, let the music stand on its own and let the chips fall where they fall. This might be an appropriate topic for the next jazz programmer's meeting.

If anyone did not receive a CD, please let me know and I'll put one in the mail. Also, please email me at edsaindon at comcast.net if you're interested in setting up an interview. I have one scheduled with Jason Miller, the jazz director at KVLU this Thursday.

Again, thanks for your support and all the best,

Ed Saindon

www.edsaindon.com
www.myspace.com/edsaindon