[JPL] Depth of Emotion (Liebman, Saindon) update

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:05:32 EST 2008

Ed,

Thanks for the mention in your posting.
Will be featuring another album track on the show today.
Glad to help out with the album.

talk to you tomorrow!

               w/ kind regards,
                        Jason

Ed Saindon wrote:

>This week's sponsor: Pacific Coast Jazz
>
>Two new Pacific Coast Jazz albums are in stores now and on radio:
>
>Roberta Donnay's ''What's Your Story'' - ''...a major new find...
highly recommended'' with 5 albums behind her and Orrin Keepnews by her
side, this album is destined for a Grammy.  She performs across the
nation and in Europe.  www.robertadonnay.com

>The Bruce Eskovitz Jazz Orchestra's ''Invitation'' to you is to listen
and capture this ''...hard swinging, straight-ahead, good-time modern
jazz.''  This CD release party is at The Jazz Bakery in LA on February
17.  www.bruceeskovitz.com

>Radio promo by New World 'N' Jazz, Neal Sapper, 415-453-1558 & Matt
Hughes, 732-835-5050.  Label: Pacific Coast Jazz, 858-484-8609 Email
donna at pacificcoastjazz.com   check out all of our artists at
www.pacificcoastjazz.com

>Pacific Coast Jazz wishes all of our friends a great 2008.
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Hello Everyone,
>
>My thanks to jazz programmers that have played and are playing Depth of
Emotion with Dave Liebman and myself. In addition to some recent
positive reviews and the Pick of the Week on The Jazz Jury broadcast by
UK's  jazz radio station the Jazz, we are getting some decent airplay
throughout the States, Europe and South America.

>Depth of Emotion's opening track, "The Last Goodbye," written for
legendary educator and trumpeter Herb Pomeroy, is available for
download at All About Jazz. To date, it has been downloaded 1,400
times. If anyone is interested, here is the link:

>http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/jazzdownload.php?id=2951
>
>I would also like to say that not all of us musicians with our own
label can afford hiring a publicist or someone who is hired to track a
new recording. We basically are putting up the money ourselves to hire
the band and put out the funds for the producation costs, so there is
not a lot left to spend on anything else. I think this is the case for
quite a few other colleagues since I have spoken with many other
musicians who have put out their recording on their own label.

>So, it is gratifying to get some airplay without a publicist and hiring
someone to "work the record" and call up the jazz programmers up on a
weekly basis. I figured I would put the new CD out there, let the music
stand on its own and let the chips fall where they fall. This might be
an appropriate topic for the next jazz programmer's meeting.

>If anyone did not receive a CD, please let me know and I'll put one in
the mail. Also, please email me at edsaindon at comcast.net if you're
interested in setting up an interview. I have one scheduled with Jason
Miller, the jazz director at KVLU this Thursday.