[JPL] Playlist Wednesday February 13

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Feb 13 21:50:26 EST 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist

(Gillespie, Shaw) Emanon - Dizzy Gillespie and His Big Band in Concert
Featuring Chano Pozo -  GNP/Creescendo - GNPD 23

(Sampson, Goodman, Mills) If Dreams Come True / (Fields, McHugh) I'm in
the Mood for Love - Moody's Mood - James Moody - Vogue - VGG 655 655016

(Horace Silver) Sister Sadie - James Moody at the Jazz Workshop - Chess -
GRD-815

(John Coltrane) Countdown - Prelude - Benny Green Quintet - Criss Cross
Jazz - 1036 CD

(Terence Blanchard) Bounce - Bounce - Terence Blanchard - Blue Note - 7243
5 83189 2 0

(Zeidel, B. Biolay) Jardim - Room with a View - Henri Salvador - Blue Note
- 7243 5 36710 2 0

(Tom Ranier) I Know - Future Day - The David Finck Quartet - Soundbrush -
SR 1012

(Charles Lloyd) Harvest - Waves - Charles Lloyd - A & M Records - CD 0828

(Paul Bley) So Far So Good - The Montreal Tapes: Charlie Haden with Paul
Bley and Paul Motian - Verve - 314 523 259-2

8:01 NPR News

(Thomas Marriott) Back for More - Gratitude - Hadley Caliman - Origin
records - 82499

(Charles Mingus) Theme for Lester Young (Goodbye Porkpie Hat) - The House
That Trane Built: The Best of Impulse Records - Impulse - B00006744-02

(Ray Charles) Talkin' bout You - Ray Charles at Newport - Atlantic -
7567807652

(Bobby Timmons) Moanin' - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Blue Note -
CDP 7 46516 2

(Frishberg, Mandel) You Are There - You Are There - Roberta Gambarini and
Hank Jones - Emarcy - B0010622-02

Cornet Chop Suey - Louis Armstrong: The Hot Fives Volume I - Columbia - CK
44049

(Earl Hines) My Monday Date - Apex Blues - Jimmie Noone - Decca Jazz -
GRD-633
(Ford) Rain - Stomp It off - Jimmie Lunceford - Decca Jazz - GRD-608

(Holmes, Smith, Orr) Love Me a Little Little - Stormy Weather - Lena Horne
- Bluebird - 9985-2-RB

(Donaldson, Kahn) Love Me or Leave Me - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy -
82876 83267 2

Is That Religion? - Bunny Berigan: The Key Sessions - Mildred Bailey with
the Dorsey Bros Orchestra - JSP Records - JSP917 B

(Count Basie) One O Clock Jump / Boogie Woogie (I May Be Wrong) - The Very
Best of Count Basie - Columbia / Legacy - 82876 81744 2

9:01 NPR News

(Bausch) Pedrito La Vaca - Grupo Los Santos - Deep Tone Records - DT 002

(Marty Sheller) Love in a Mist - Why Deny - Marty Sheller - PVR Records -
PVR 1001

(Jimmy Smith) James and Wes - The Dynamic Duo - Jimmy Smith and Wes
Montgomery - Verve - 821 577-2

(Wayne Shorter) Footprints - Miles Smiles - Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy
- CK 65682

(Gene DePaul and Don Raye) You Don't Know What Love Is - When the Night Is
New - Abigail Riccards - Jazz excursion - JEX-116

(Petkere) Lullabye of the Leaves - Hod O'Brien Live at Blues Alley -
Reservoir - RSR CD 180

(Brubeck) Theme from Mr. Broadway - The Essential Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 86993