[JPL] ERIC ALAN ¹ S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS ON RADIO 2000 NEWSLETTER - Week 2 Vol. 2 - February 2008

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Thu Feb 14 07:19:47 EST 2008

Greetings and salutations Jazzaholics

We had a great show on Sunday, starting at the regular time for a change,
luverly stuff, the couch coach Craig came up with a few doozies about the
weekends sports debacles and all that macguftas.

Our chat with the delightful Andy Bey and Jimmie Earl Perry was a dream, in
fact Andy was to quote² surprised by our request to chat to him from the tip
of Africa, Cape Town. I was also given quite explicit instructions as to
areas that we could talk about by Andy¹s management, however that all went
by the wayside shortly after the conversation got began, what with Jimmy
sharing his knowledge and connection to Andy through having worked with
Salome Bey a number of years ago. Both guests were totally charming and
fabulous to chat to and they will be on the guest menu again in the future.
Andy and Jimmies names will also be sent to Rashid and Yana to be added to
my regular Cape Town International Jazz Festival wish list for next year¹s
festival.

Andy Bey Websites at http://www.andy-bey.com or
http://www.myspace.com/andybey
Jimmie Earl Perry Websites at http://academic.sun.ac.za/jimmieperry/ or
http://www.myspace.com/jimmieearlperry

On Valentine¹s Day, on Thursday romance is in the air, small wonder so many
men are disoriented. Valentine's Day has always been special at our house.
We have a nice candlelight dinner, then I'll put some soft romantic music on
the HiFi, then we take down the Christmas tree. It¹s quite terrible frankly,
Valentine sweets are just much too expensive these day¹s. So this year I
gave my valentine to be a 5-kilo bag of sugar and a really good family fudge
recipe. So remember, ladies, call your husband or significant other at work
and wish them a happy Valentine's Day. That way they won't forget to pick
you up a gift on the way home.

Traditionally, this is National Kraut Week in the USA and is sponsored by
the kraut makers of the country and Krautaholics of the USA in an effort to
stir up a little excitement about kraut. Kraut is not one of America's
favourite foods. Not one Mexican restaurant serves flat tortillas piled high
with krautamole or self-respecting Italian restaurant serves krautsania, gee
even Garfield would probably turn his nose up at that. Imagine having
krautwors (krautsausage) n pap (grits) with your regular Braai (barbeque).
In other words, gang, if National Kraut Week is to succeed, you're going to
have to pitch in, hold your nose, and give it all you've got and develop a
new kraut recipe that even kids and Garfield would enjoy.

Today's exciting Kraut Trivia Question:
Who invented sauerkraut anyway? Sauerkraut was invented by a German
housewife named Sofie Sauer. Sophie would chop up cabbage, then let it
spoil, just to have something appropriate to serve with spoiled sausage.

NEWS OF THE SHOW THIS COMING WEEK
On the coming show we hope to speak incredible jazz vocalist Jeri Brown and
to quote bassist Rufus Reid, "Jeri Brown is a rare breed, who can not only
produce a wonderful sound, which is expected from a singer, but can also be
extremely creative and has the audacity to musically understand all that she
is doing."

Here are a couple of other quotes from two highly respected and well-known
musicians;
"Jeri Brown is a great musician. Like Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan, she
uses her voice with great imagination and creativity. Her expertise and
training have helped her shape a personal style that is passionate and
exciting." - Dr. Billy Taylor

"She's outstanding...she has a really pretty voice...I don't normally like
scat singers, those scooby-doo people, but she does something different with
it." - Jimmy Rowles

We also have a chat to the new talent booker and manager of Manenbergs Jazz
Café, Kader Kahn who has a wealth of experience in the jazz club business of
Cape Town, we¹ll find out what it takes to get a band to perform at a club
and what musicians need to do to obtain a gig.

As usual the Couch Coach will be in again offering his view of the weekends
sports shenanigans, all that and most importantly tons of great music.

As always we endeavour to play some of the best music available from the
four corners of the world and if there is anything you¹d like to hear in the
program, just send me an email to eric at radio2000.co.za  or
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za

=============================
SOUTH AFRICAN GOOD NEWS OF THE WEEK
Help put Cape Town on the map!
Cape Town stands a chance to be selected as one of the world¹s great cities
and included in the new Monopoly World Edition board game ­ but she needs
YOUR help!

The makers of the popular board game have launched a worldwide vote to find
the 22 greatest cities in the world to be included in the new Monopoly,
replacing the traditional version made up of street names.

Fans from around the world can cast votes online to help create the
first-ever worldwide edition of the game.  Voters are invited to cast their
ballots for ten great cities each day of the vote.
The twenty cities that receive the most votes will be selected to be on the
World Edition game board with the city that receives the most votes being
placed as the highest rent property.

The 68 cities nominated for the vote include Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Dubai,
London and New York. Cape Town and Cairo are the only African cities to be
nominated.

Two additional spaces on the board will be reserved for cities that are
nominated through a wild card vote. Any city in the world can be nominated
for these property spaces.

Voting for the World Edition opened on the Tuesday and will close on the
28th of February. Cape Town is currently in 27th place among the 68
nominated cities, having received 0.9% of the votes.
Go to http://www.monopolyworldvote.com/en_ZA/world to have your say and put
Cape Town on the board!
=============================
JAZZ, MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK -

2008 Cape Town International Jazz Festival

The CTIJF (Cape Town International Jazz Festival) line up for Africa¹s
grandest gathering has been finalised with the announcement of the last list
of musicians being presented to the media earlier today in Johannesburg. The
festival goes from strength to strength each year.

The complete list of the musicians that were announced today is: a 51-year
old close vocal harmony group African Inkspots (RSA), Beat Bag Bohemia
(Mozambique/RSA/Switzerland), Bebop Guitars (US/RSA), Candy Dulfer
(Netherlands), Darius and the UKZN Rolling Reunion Band (RSA), Javon Jackson
Super Band featuring Jimmy Cobb, Jimmy Dludlu (RSA), Kolo Novo Movie Band
(RSA), Kunle Ayo (Nigeria), Lee Ritenour (US), Lionel Loueke (Benin/US),
Mike Mainieri & Steps Ahead (RSA), Offshore featuring Buddy Wells and Marcus
Wyatt, Raul Midón (US), Quartet Babu, hip-hop group Skwatta Kamp (RSA), The
Little Giants (RSA) youth band,  rap group Timbuktu & Damn featuring Zoro
(Sweden), vocalist Wanda Baloyi (RSA), Vicky Sampson (RSA) and Zimology
Quartet (RSA)

This 21 adds to the initial list announced in November 2007: Ananda Project
(US); Bongani Sotshononda Project (RSA); Gavin Minter with the Mother City
Jazz Orchestra (RSA); Gerald Albright (US); Hiromi (Japan); Kenny Barron
Trio (US); Lennart Åberg Band (Sweden) feat. Peter Erskine (US); Leslie
Klein-Smith & Mother City Groove (RSA); Oliver Mtukudzi (Zimbabwe); Sérgio
Mendes (Brazil/US), Standard Bank National Youth Jazz Band (RSA); The Bays
(US); Najee (US);  The Big Idea (RSA); The Four Sounds feat Zelda Benjamin &
Phyllis Madikwa (RSA); The Manhattans feat. Gerald Alston & Blue Lovett
(US); The Soul Brother (RSA); Tierney Sutton (US); Tutu Puoane
(RSA/Belgium); and Zola (RSA).

As can be seen from the above artists we are in for a treat during this
year¹s CTIJF (Cape Town International Jazz Festival). I hope to see you at
the festival at the end of March
****************
Veteran jazz artist Bey reaches chart heights
By Larry Blumenfeld
Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:09am EST

NEW YORK (Billboard) - It's no surprise to hear Andy Bey's rich baritone
gracefully aloft, singing the title track of his latest CD, "It Ain't
Necessarily So."

At 68, he still possesses perfect breath support. That quality, along with
an unerring sense of swing and his own idiosyncratically brilliant piano
playing, has made him a favorite among jazz insiders.
But even Bey was surprised at the chart position the album has achieved. It
jumps from No. 10 to No. 7 this week on Top Jazz Albums, keeping company
with such heavy hitters as Tony Bennett and Diana Krall. It also reached No.
49 on the Heatseekers chart, an uncommon accomplishment for a jazz disc.

"Necessarily" isn't exactly a new recording. It was released in late October
2007, and recorded in 1997 at Bey's first major Manhattan club gig after
more than 20 years away from the scene. Since his return, in collaboration
with Herb Jordan, who serves as producer, adviser and sometime songwriter,
Bey has recorded five albums showcasing his mixture of virility, tenderness
and spiritual heft.

The sales success is, for Jordan, validation of tiny independent label 12th
Street Records, which is built largely on a belief in Bey's talents, and of
the do-it-yourself approach employed for the album.
"Our strategy was to start with Andy and to build a free-standing
independent label," Jordan said. "We pay the cost of production,
manufacturing, promotion and publicity. We direct it all, and that way,
Andy's voice resonates through all of it."
Reuters/Billboard -
http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN0322504020080204
****************
PARLIAMENTARY JAZZ AWARDS - UNITED KINGDOM
Nominations are being called for the third All Party Parliamentary Jazz
Appreciation Group Jazz Awards that take place in May. The deadline for
nominations is 28th February 2008 and the categories are: Jazz Musician of
the Year, Jazz Ensemble of the Year, Jazz Venue of the Year, Jazz Journalist
of the Year, Jazz CD Of the Year (released in 2007 by UK musicians), Jazz
Broadcaster of the Year (online or in print), Jazz Education Award (to a
person who has contributed to the work of jazz in education), Services to
Jazz Award. Download a form as a pdf from the quick links on the right. Go
to http://www.jazzservices.org.uk/ for more info.

All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group Awards 2008 - Categories
Jazz Musician of the Year
Jazz Ensemble of the Year
Jazz Venue of the Year
Jazz Journalist of the Year
Jazz CD of the Year (Released in 2007 by UK Musicians)
Jazz Broadcaster of the Year
Jazz Publication of the Year (online or print)
Jazz Education Award (To a person who has contributed to the work of jazz in
education)
Services to Jazz Award
*************
Hugh Masekela at Tanglewood Jazz Festival
For two weeks in February, NPR's weekly radio series JazzSet with Dee Dee
Bridgewater broadcasts recent performances by jazz trumpeters Hugh Masekela
and Charles Tolliver, and shares their individual stories. Masekela, onstage
at the Tanglewood Jazz Festival, airs the week beginning February 14. The
Charles Tolliver Big Band at the Detroit International Jazz Festival airs
the week beginning February 21.

Masekela, born in 1939 in South Africa, spent the 1960s in the United
States. In 1968 his Afro-jazz-pop single ³Grazin in the Grass" became a
summer anthem, and sold millions of copies. Masekela was among the first
artists to bring eye-witness accounts of life under the apartheid laws to
Americans. In the late 1980s he collaborated on the musical Sarafina, and
composed the prophetic song ³Bring Back Nelson Mandela."

Charles Tolliver was the trumpeter with jazz greats Max Roach and Horace
Silver in the late 1960s. Then he took a bold move and co-founded his own
record label, Strata-East. His artistic independence won Tolliver strong
support among young jazz fans, especially for his big band. With Love, a
2007 studio recording of the current Charles Tolliver Big Band, received a
Grammy nomination.

JazzSet with Dee Dee Bridgewater airs on 100 NPR stations, and is produced
by Becca Pulliam at WBGO Jazz 88.3 FM in Newark, NJ. Funding is provided by
WBGO, NPR, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the National Endowment for the
Arts, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and Prudential
Financial.
****************
Carmen Lundy Releases New CD
One of music's most distinctive voices returns with a remarkable new CD.
Carmen Lundy, renowned for her extraordinary vocal prowess and song-writing
skill, is back with her 10th release - Come Home, from Afrasia Productions.

The culmination of her 30-year career, Come Home is Lundy's emotional
tribute to her hometown of Miami, where her large and extended family still
resides. All the paintings on the CD are Lundy originals, and "Family
Portrait", which graces the cover of the CD, beautifully and eloquently
speaks to the honesty, harmony and strength of family. On this album, Lundy
paints sonic portraits with the kind of brushstrokes that can only be felt
from the inside out.

Says Lundy, "Making this record was about finding my own voice. Not a jazz
voice, but a universal voice. I found my voice and I've accomplished
everything I've ever wanted to musically, on Come Home."

Come Home is available now at www.carmenlundy.com, Lundy's MySpace site
http://www.myspace.com/carmenlundy Amazon.com and all major digital download
sites (including itunes.com, rhapsody.com and barnesandnoble.com) Carmen
Lundy's catalog can also be found at top music retailers throughout North
America.
studying Heritage Management and are now working at the Trevor Huddleston
Centre to bring alive the history of Kofifi again, in the place it was born
and thrived until forced removals 52 years ago.

A unique partnership between the Huddleston Centre and former residents of
Sophiatown has been at heart of the Sophiatown Heritage Experience and now
these young people are ready to take it into the future. With a new museum
opening this year, there is a lot to prepare. Mduduzi said ŒIt is a great
responsibility to be charged with, but with the help of my colleagues and
the former residents, we are ready to preserve the past and bring it alive
for future generations. We are so excited to be working with the Centre in
this way².

Sally Motlana, a board member, said ³Today we remember again that terrible
time, but now we recall it with some peace as these new initiatives bring
awareness of the role Sophiatown people played in bringing about a free and
democratic South Africa. Learning about this plac
e is part of understanding who we are as black South African¹s and how
precious our freedom is.
Sophiatown was officially renamed in 2006 ­ 50 years after the removals
began, and the Centre is one of the drivers of the regeneration initiative,
bringing this magical part of the Johannesburg landscape alive again.

Background
On the 9th February 1955 two thousand police began forcibly removing 100
residents from Toby Street, Sophiatown, under the Group Areas Act. By 1963,
65,000 people had been moved out to other areas based on skin colour ­
Meadowlands became immortalized in the song about the removals; Lenasia,
Westbury, Newlands, NewClare were all affected. Victor Mokine, a child at
the time said ³It was 4 o¹clock in the morning, dark, cold and pouring with
rain, when residents were awoken by the police marching on foot and arriving
in military trucks. Doors were broken down, people were pushed into trucks
with their precious but meagre belongings, and dumped over 20km away in
front of small houses with no electricity or transport. People lost jobs,
friends, and amenities that made life worth living².

The Trevor Huddleston CR Memorial Centre offers the following community
services:
Community museum and heritage tours

IT Training for school leavers during
the week and for domestic workers on Saturdays. Tsebong Library that is open
all week from 9 to 4, with staff that will assist kids with homework and
research. An Art and Design Centre open to the community to learn art and
design skills, like Mosaics, and potentially open their own craft
businesses. Children¹s Programmes during school holidays and workshop
weekends including arts and culture, sport, dance, literature and story
telling.

More information: Kenda Knowles, Trevor Huddleston Memorial Centre on 011
673 1271, or e-mail kenda at mweb.co.za <mailto:kenda at mweb.co.za>
****************
The Australian Jazz Awards - Nominations Open
By Peter Jordan - February, 2008
Nominations for the 2008 Australian Jazz Awards have opened, but be quick ­
they close on 15 February.

Anyone may nominate artists or ensembles in the following categories:
Best Australian Jazz Vocal Album

Best Australian Contemporary Jazz Album
Best Australian Classic Jazz Album
Best Australian Jazz Composition of the Year
Best Australian Jazz Ensemble of the Year
Young Australian Jazz Artist of the Year
Australian Jazz Artist of the Year
Graeme Bell Hall of Fame

The short list will be announced in the first week of April and the winners
will be announced at a free awards ceremony on 29 April in Melbourne.

A nomination form and full details about the process can be downloaded from
The Bells website (see details below).

2007 winners
-
Best Australian Jazz Vocal Album - Lisa Young, Grace
Best Australian Contemporary Jazz Album - Jamie Oehlers Double Drummer
Group, You R Here Session 2
Best Australian Classic Jazz Album - Allan Browne's Australian Jazz Band,
Five Bells and Other Inspirations
Best Australian Jazz Composition of the Year - Paul Grabowsky, Five Bells
(Track 2 - Five Bells and Other Inspirations)
Young Australian Jazz Artist of the Year - Shannon Barnett
Australian Jazz Artist of the Year - Jamie Oehlers
Graeme Bell Career Achievement Award - Don Burrows
Find out more
http://www.bellawards.org
****************
Jazz greats sit in on African guitarist's debut
By Michael D. Ayers Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:12am EST
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Lionel Loueke didn't pick up the guitar until he was
17. Growing up in the West African country of Benin, he was much more
immersed in traditional African music, and by age 9, he was skilled on
various percussion instruments.

When he finally got his hands on a guitar, his only option was teaching
himself by ear, beginning with African pop he would record and transcribe
from the radio. "In Africa, it depends on where you live, the way you play
guitar," Loueke says. "So I passed the time checking different styles."
Things changed the first time he heard George Benson. "I couldn't believe
what I was hearing; I'd never heard any guitar sound like that," Loueke
says. "I didn't have the knowledge to understand what he was playing."

So Loueke adapted his technique again, using worn-down batteries in his tape
deck to slow the tempo in an attempt to pick out the notes. "I tried to
learn like that for many years," he says.

Things changed the first time he heard George Benson. "I couldn't believe
what I was hearing; I'd never heard any guitar sound like that," Loueke
says. "I didn't have the knowledge to understand what he was playing."

So Loueke adapted his technique again, using worn-down batteries in his tape
deck to slow the tempo in an attempt to pick out the notes. "I tried to
learn like that for many years," he says.

Read the full story at
http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN0341834820080204
=============================
South African Public Holidays are Bold
Special days in South Africa are in Italics
THE MONTH AHEAD - FEBRUARY
The word "February" comes from the Latin word februare, meaning, "to
purify." The ancient Romans had their annual purification ceremony during
this time each year.
February birthstone: amethyst. February flower: violet or primrose.
February was invented by Numa Pompilius. Numa was a Roman king, and that's
all I know about him. And that's all I want to know about him.
February is National Weddings Month. Most engagements take place between
Christmas and Valentine's Day, and most future brides start serious planning
in February for summer weddings.

February 14 is . . . . Valentines Day once the Feast Day of St. Valentine,
the patron saint of lovers. Father Valentine was beheaded in Rome on this
date in 269. The church dropped the feast from its liturgical calendar in
1969. The first valentine card was probably sent by the Duke of Orleans
while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London in 1415 - Ferris Wheel Day -
National Heart to Heart Day a Day to eat all your vegetables - National Call
In Single Day - Read to Your Child Day - Hug Day - Race Relations Day -
National Cream Filled Chocolates Day -
February 15 is . . . . Singles Awareness Day - National Gum Drop Day -
Thanks for a Great Valentine's Day - Burger Lovers Day - Maple Syrup Day -
National I Want English Butterscotch Day - Jewelry Day
February 16 is . . . . Drink Witblitz/Mampoer Day, Do A Grouch A Favour Day
- Cultural Diversity Day - Nylon stocking Day, they were  patented in 1937
February 17 is . . . . Random Act of Kindness Day - Champion Crab Races Day
- Vacuum Your Cat Day - World Human Spirit Day
February 18 is . . . . International Tourist Guide Day - National Battery
Day - National Bun Day in Iceland - When Cows Fly Day - Pluto Day -

Week 2: Love and Laughter Keeps Us from Getting Dizzy Week - Celebration of
Love Week Rejection/Risk Awareness Week begins today, time to realize that
rejection is a normal part of searching for true love - Valentine¹s Week -
Solo Diners Eat Out Week - Singles Awareness Week - Congenital Heart Defect
Awareness Week - The Olden Days Carnival is this week in Chicoutimi, Quebec.
They'll recreate a world of the past, the good old days when everybody in
Quebec was named Pierre. Even the women - Freelance Writers Appreciation
Week - Jelly Week

Week 3: International Flirting Week -- Love May Make the World Go 'Round,
But Laugher Keeps Us from Getting Dizzy Week - New Idea Week - Child Car
Safety Week - Kraut and Frankfurter Week Vocational/Technical Education Week
- Muffin Mania Week - Just Say "No" to PowerPoint Week - Love a Mensch Week
- National Nest Box Week begins today, time to put up a bird house - Random
Acts of Kindness Week, a time to be blatantly nice to everyone, even total
strangers. Unless, of course, they're totally strange total strangers, the
you might want to blatantly smile and be totally careful -

Week 4: Fairytale Week - Week of Kindness ­ Pancake Week - Health Education
Week - Pay Your Bills Week - Wine Appreciation Week ­ World Friendship Week
- The annual Jalapeno Festival is this week in Laredo, Texas. The main event
is the big contest to see who can eat the most jalapeno peppers without
actually bursting into flames. Then, everybody gathers around a giant barrel
of ENO¹s and sings "There'll Be A Hot Time In The Old Gut Tonight."
=============================
QUOTES OF THE DAY
The memory of things gone is important to a jazz musician. Things like old
folks singing in the moonlight in the back yard on a hot night or something
said long ago. - Louis Armstrong

You can never get silence anywhere nowadays, have you noticed? - Bryan Ferry

I don't care much about music. What I like is sounds. - Dizzy Gillespie

It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ... - Jerry Garcia /
Grateful Dead
=============================
OXYMORON OF THE WEEK
Jumbo Shrimp
=============================
JOKE OF THE WEEK
Thanks to Brian Hough of the brand new Jassman Magazine (for more info email
manofjass at yahoo.com <mailto:manofjass at yahoo.com> ) and Dave Evans, (who sent
it to Brian) an Englishman in spite of that very Welsh name, it has
resurfaced.

The British Isles are composed of four races of man:
the Scottish, who keep the sabbath--and everything else they can get their
hands on;
the Welsh, who pray on their knees--and on their neighbours;
the Irish, who don't know what they want, but are willing to fight for it
anyway;
and the English, who consider themselves a race of self-made men, thereby
relieving the almighty of a terrible burden.
=============================
THOUGHTS TO PONDER
How come abbreviated is such a long word?
=============================
WORD OF WISDOM OF THE WEEK
It's always darkest before dawn, so if you're going to steal your neighbor's
newspaper, that's the time to do it.
=============================
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
=============================
MURPHY¹S OF THE WEEK
Money can't buy love, but it sure gets you a great bargaining position.
=============================
WISDOM IN ABSURDITY
What's another word for Thesaurus? - Steven Wright
=============================
CONFUCIUS SAYS
Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
=============================
TRUISM OF THE WEEK
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
=============================
CHINESE PROVERB OF THE WEEK
After three days without reading, talk becomes flavorless.
=============================
SESOTHO PROVERB OF THE WEEK
Sefate se tsejwa ka ditholwana. (A tree is known by its fruit.)
=============================
ZIMBABWEAN PROVERB OF THE WEEK
Two experts never agree.
=============================

You want to hear Jazz Rendezvous and you don¹t reside in South Africa, well,
fear not it¹s very easy to tune into Radio 2000, just visit the web site at
www.radio2000.co.za and follow the links and you¹ll be streaming and
enjoying the show sooner that you can say supecalafragalisticexpialidoutious
go on, be brave and try. You can also enjoy all the exciting programming
that Radio 2000 offers every day

If there is some jazz or entertainment information that you would like
included in our show or should you like to hear something special, just send
an email. For any queries that one might have, send the mail me at me at
eric at radio2000.co.za or eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za

Should you wish to make any comments on air please give the producer in the
studio a call on 089-110-2003

If you like to speak to me directly call the Jazz Rendezvous studio 021 434
2512 during the show. Please don¹t call whilst I¹m chatting on air.

Don¹t forget to log onto the Jazz Rendezvous website for more of the latest
Jazz news and information simply go to www.jazzrendezvous.co.za

Peace, safety and happiness,
Kindest regards,
See it Š with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric Alan

RADIO SHOW HOST of ERIC ALAN¹S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on Radio 2000 - 97.2 to
100.2FM Sundays from 17h00 to 20h00 (Please note that if there is a sports
event on the day then the show will start an hour later)
EDITOR: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS WEBSITE:
http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
COLUMNIST: Roots Magazine; Jazz Rendezvous Roots 2008, where jazz lovers
meet to read. Website Editor, Broadcaster, Jazz, Music & Cultural
Consultant, Contributor and CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape
Town Member: SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
(International Association for Jazz Education)
Founding Member: Western Cape Musicians Association & FMR
Master of Ceremonies: Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape
Town Jazzathon and Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Postal Address:
Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape Town, South
Africa
Radio 2000 On-Air Studio Number:
Johannesburg: 27-(0) 89-110-2003
Jazz Rendezvous Broadcast Studio:
Cape Town:  27-(0) 21-434-2515
Phone Mobil:
27-(0) 21-(0) 82- 456- 2195
Phone Office:
27- (0) 21-683- 9845
Skype:
ericalan2
RADIO 2000 WEBSITE and to stream the show live on the computer:
http://www.radio2000.co.za
Email ­ Radio Station: Radio 2000
eric at radio2000.co.za
Email Work:
editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Email Home:
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
Radio 2000 Frequencies around South Africa.

No matter where you may be in South Africa there is a transmitter near you
and should you not be able to find it on your dial.

Alexander Bay 98.7FM
Bethlehem 98.4FM
Bloemfontein 99.5FM
Butterworth 97.6FM
Cape Town 98.6FM
Davel 100.0FM
Donnybrook 99.2FM
Durban 97.3FM
Durban North 99.0FM
East London 98.1FM
Eshowe 99.9FM
Franschoek 97.2FM
George 98.2FM
Glencoe 99.6FM
Grahamstown 100.0FM
Greytown 98.2FM
Heidelberg 97.3FM
Hermanus 97.3FM
Hoedspruit 98.5FM
Hout Bay 97.4FM
Johannesburg 99.7FM
Kimberley 97.5FM
Klerksdorp 97.7FM
Knysna 98.7FM
Kroonstad 99.9FM
Ladysmith 97.5FM
Louis Trichardt 97.2FM
Menlo Park 98.6FM
Middelburg 98.3FM
Mooi River 98.7FM
Mount Ayliff 99.7FM
Nelspruit 99.0FM
Nongoma 99.4FM
Oudtshoorn 99.1FM
Paarl 98.1FM
Parson's Hill (PE) 97.5FM
Petrus Steyn 98.8FM
Pietermaritzburg 97.9FM
Piketberg 97.6FM
Port Elizabeth 98.8FM
Port St.Johns 100.2FM
Potgietersrus 97.9FM
Pretoria 97.5FM
Queenstown 98.7FM
Rustenburg 97.2FM
Schweizer Reneke 99.6FM
Seapoint 100.0FM
Senekal 97.6FM
Simonstown 97.2FM

If you are outside the boarders of SA Radio 2000 is streaming live on the
internet, just go to http://www.radio2000.co.za and follow the links and
listen to Radio 2000 live.