[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 14 09:05:44 EST 2008

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b 259.new york, ny 10003
Email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #897...16-17 February 2008
 “KC” ALL-STARS.…moten’s swing (“Kansas City” soundtrack)
HERBIE HANCOCK.…edith & the kingpin (river: the joni letters)
* Pat Metheny Interview
PAT METHENY.…when we were free (day trip)
RANDY & MICHAEL BRECKER.…sponge (some skunk funk)
ROBERTA DONNAY.…put it where you want it (what’s your story)
* Pat Metheny Interview
PAT METHENY.…calvin’s keys (day trip)
COLEMAN HAWKINS.…my own blues (cool groove)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #898...16-17 February 2008
CHARLIE PARKER.…groovin’ high (boston 1952)
CARMEN LUNDY.…gossip (come home)
* Pat Metheny Interview
PAT METHENY.…the red one (day trip)
KEVIN MAHOGANY.…I left my baby (“Kansas City” soundtrack)
ALMA MICIC.…april in paris (the hours)
ELDAR.…back home(re-imagination)
* Pat Metheny Interview
PAT METHENY.…son of thirteen (day trip)
BUCK CLAYTON.…carnegie blues (best of jazz @ the philharmonic)

SHOWS #899-900...23-24 February 2008
The words & music of  the late, great pianst
& composer, Michel Petrucciani, including
music from his new trio CD “Live In Stuttgart”
with Anthony Jackson & Steve Gadd.

Russ Davis
Jazz America
Voice of America