[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, February 14, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Feb 14 17:50:59 EST 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Valentine's Day
fine essay on "My Funny Valentine" http://www.steynonline.com/content/view/967/28/

8:00 PM Miles Davis Cookin' My Funny Valentine Prestige 1956

8:07 PM Frank Sinatra Songs for Young Lovers My Funny Valentine Capitol 1953
8:09 PM Harry Sweet Edison The Swinger The Very Thought of You Verve 1958
8:15 PM Joe Williams Together/Have a Good Time Until I Met You Roulette 1961
8:18 PM Ruby Braff The Flying Pizzarellis Lulu's Back in Town Arbors 2007

8:29 PM Louis Armstrong Hot Fives & Sevens I Can't Give You Anything But Love JSP 1929
8:32 PM Duke Ellington 1932-1933 I Can't Give You Anything But Love Classics w Ethel Waters
8:35 PM Billie Holiday Lady Day The Way You Look Tonight Columbia 1936

8:38 PM Lester Young The Complete Keynotes I Never Knew Mercury 1943
8:41 PM Nat King Cole After Midnight Just You Just Me Capitol 1956
8:44 PM Kate McGarry The Target Do Something Palmetto 2007

8:50 PM Gene Ammons Boss Tenor My Romance Prestige 1960
8:54 PM Shirley Horn I Remember Miles My Funny Valentine Verve 1998

9:00 PM Abbey Lincoln People in Me You and Me Love Verve 1973
9:04 PM Wynton Marsalis Intimacy Calling What is This Thing Called Love Columbia 1991

9:14 PM Lee Konitz Live at the Half Note How About You? Verve 1959
9:23 PM Bill Evans How My Heart Sings How My Heart Sings Riverside 1962
9:28 PM Tony Bennett/Bill Evans The Bennett-Evans Album The Touch of Your Lips Fantasy 1975
9:32 PM Ben Webster Soulville Where Are You? Verve 1957

9:39 PM Chet Baker The Last Great Concert My Funny Valentine Enja 1988
9:48 PM Andy Bey Ain't Necessarily So I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart 12th Street 2007

9:59 PM Miles Davis My Funny Valentine My Funny Valentine Columbia 1964

10:15 PM Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan Live at MCG Body and Soul MCG 2007
10:23 PM Diana Krall The Very Best of I've Got You Under My Skin Verve 2007
10:29 PM Russell Malone Live at Jazz Standard For the Love of You Max Jazz 2007

10:39 PM Kurt Elling Flirting With Twilight Easy Living Blue Note 2001
10:44 PM Calabria Foti A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening Close Your Eyes McCo 2007
10:49 PM Grant Green Grantstand My Funny Valentine Blue Note 1961

Friday: singer/pianist Dena DeRose; selections from John Coltrane's Interplay

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR