[JPL] Playlist Feb 14 WCVE

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Feb 14 21:49:36 EST 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday February 14, 2008

Feature on Cheick Hamala Diabate produced by Steve Clark

Alaraka Bane - Kele Manyi De - Cheick Hamala Diabate - www.malimusic.net

(Roswell Rudd) Bamako - Malicool - Roswell Rudd and Toumani Diabate -
Sunnyside - SSC 3008

(Bernstein) Taunting Scene - Crime Jazz: Music in the Second Degree - Stan
Kenton - Rhino - R2 72913 ? DRC1 1622

(John Jenkins) Windy City  - The Prestige Legacy: Battle of the Saxes -
Pestige - PRCD-24252-2

(Hudson, Mills, Delange) Moonglow - Some Enchanted Evening - Miles Black
Trio - Cellar Live - CL 080307

(Raye, DePaul, Johnston) I'll Remember April - Fujitsu Concord 25th Jazz
Festival - Marion McPartland with Chris Potter - Concord - CCD-7002

(Borodin, Wright, Forrest) Baubles, Bangles and Beads - Alone Together -
Marvin Stamm - Jazzed Media - JM 9002

(Gerhswin) Liza (All the Clouds Will Roll away) - An Anthology of Big Band
Swing - Chick Webb Orchestra - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-629

8:01 NPR News

(Young, Ahlert) I'm Gonna Sit Right down and Write Myself a Letter /
(Link, Marvell) These Foolish Things - I've Never Been in Love Before -
Roger Carroll and Anthony Dowd

(Ager, Nichols, Yellen) Sugar - Mike Walbridge's Chicago Foot Warmers -
Delmark - DE 247

(Ceasar, Lerner, Marks) Is It True What They Say about Dixie - The Clark
Terry Quintet Live on QE2 - Chiarascuro - CR(D) 365

(Benny Green) Central Park South - Kaleidoscope - Benny Green - Blue Note
- CDP 7243 8 52037 2 5

(Hendrik Meurkens) A Summer in San Francisco - Sambatropolis - Hendrik
Meurkens - Zoho Music - ZM 200801

(Gerhswin) Nice Work if You CanGet It - The Bud Powell Trio Plays -
Roullette Jazz - CDP 7939022

(Ellington) Cotton Tail - Caravan - The Jazz Giants Play Duke Ellington -
Wes Montgomery - Prestige - PRCD-24227-2

(Yip Harburg, Arthur Schwartz) Then I'll Be Tired of You - You Are There -
Roberta Gambarini and Hank Jones - Emarcy - B0010622-02

(Sam Rivers) Beatrice - Fuschia Swing Song - Sam Rivers - Blue Note - 7243
5 90413 2 2

9:01 NPR News

(Carla Bley) Ida Lupino / (Paul Bley) Pigfoot - Closer - Paul Bley - ESP
Disk - 1021

(Ornette Coleman) Dawn - The Ornette Coleman Trio at the Golden Circle
Stockholm Volume 1 - Blue Note - CDP - 7 84224 2

(Horace Silver) Senor Blues - Horace Silver Live at Newport '58 - Horace
Silver - Blue Note - 0946 3 98070 2 4

(Don Fabian) Dos Almos - Mi Sueno - Ibrahim Ferrer - Nonesuch - 139068-2

(James Silberstein) Express Lane - Express Lane - James Silberstein - CAP
- 1009

(Leo Robin, Ralph Rainger) Please - In the Wee Small Hours - Ruby Braff -
Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19219

(Hrueger, Miller, Cohen, Styne) Sunday - The Oscar Peterson Trio Live at
Zardi's - Pablo - 2PACD-2620-118-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) I Was Doing All Right - Doin' Allright - Dexter
Gordon - Blue Note - CDP 7 84077 2