[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 02-13 / 02-14

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:24:00 EST 2008

Afternoon  Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon. - Fri. 1pm - 3pm
91.3 KVLU  Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 02-13-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album - (Label)

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK
Phil Woods - Walkin' Shoes - Groovin' To Marty Paich (Jazzed Media)
Thad Jones/ Mel Lewis & UMO - Groove Merchant - Thad Jones/ Mel Lewis &
UMO (RCA)
Jaki Byard - There'll Be Some Changes Made - Empirical (Muse)
Jaki Byard - Lonely Town - Empirical (Muse)
The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra - Sophisticated Lady - Can I Persuade You?
(Planet Arts)
Herbie Hancock - Nefertiti - River: The Joni Letters (Verve)

  BREAK
Monterey Jazz Festival 50th Anniversary Jazz All-Stars - Benny's Tune -
Live At The 2007 Monterey Jazz Festival (MJF)
Benny Green - I'll Wait And Pray - Lineage (Blue Note)
Benny Green - Phoebe's Samba - Lineage (Blue Note)
Luciana Souza - Waters Of March - The New Bossa Nova (Verve)

    HOUR TWO

  BREAK
Charlie Haden Quartet West - Body & Soul - The Best Of Quartet West
(Verve)
Chris Humphrey - In Walked Bud - Nothing But The Sky (Cadence Jazz)
Ed Saindon & Dave  Liebman - Moon River - Depth of Emotion (World
Improvised Music)
Deep Blue Organ Trio - Never Knew Love Like This Before - Folk Music
(Origin)
Jon Mayer - You're My Everything - So Many Stars (Reservoir)

  BREAK
The Great Jazz Trio - Wave - Milestones (Inner City)
Hank Jones & Frank Wess - The Very Thought Of You - Hank & Frank
(lineage)
Ben Paterson Trio - Whisper Not - Breathing Space (OA2)

  BREAK
The Great Jazz Trio - S'Wonderful - S'Wonderful (411)
----------------------
Afternoon  Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon. - Fri. 1pm - 3pm
91.3 KVLU  Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 02-14-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album - (Label)

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK
John Coltrane - I Love You - Lush Life (Prestige)
Charlie Haden Quartet West - Hello My Lovely - The Best of Quartet West
(Verve)
Chet Baker - Love - Chet Baker & Strings (Columbia)
Bill Charlap - Somebody Loves Me - Plays George Gershwin: The American
Soul (Blue Note)

  BREAK
Mel Torme - I Cover The Waterfront - Smooth As Velvet (Laserlight)
Billie Holiday - The Very Thought Of You - The Billie Holiday Story
Vol. 1 (Columbia)
Cyrus Chesnut - The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face - Genuine Chesnut
(Telarc)
Stan Getz - O Grande Amor - Sweet Rain (Verve)

  BREAK
John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman - Dedicated To You - John Coltrane And
Johnny Hartman (Impulse)
John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman - My One And Only Love - John Coltrane And
Johnny Hartman (Impulse)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

  BREAK
Harry Connick Jr. - Our Love Is Here To Stay - When Harry Met Sally OST
(Columbia)
Michelle Pfeiffer - My Funny Valentine - The Fabulous Baker Boys OST
(GRP)

  BREAK
Jeanie Bryson - I Love Being Here With You - I Love Being Here With You
(Telarc)
Erin Boheme - Let's Make The Most Of A Beautiful Thing - What Love Is
(Concord)
Carol Akerson w/ Bob Winter - Corcovado - The Piano Love Song (Cat's
Paw)
Jane Monheit - Embraceable You - Taking A Chance On Love (Sony
Classical)

  BREAK
Ron Blake - More Today Than Yesterday - Lest We Forget (Mack Avenue)
Max Roach & Clifford Brown - Tenderly - The Best of ... In Concert (GNP)
Chick Corea & Gary Burton - Sweet & Lovely - The New Crystal Silence
(Concord)
Chick Corea & Gary Burton - I Love You Porgy - The New Crystal Silence
(Concord)

  BREAK
The Glenn Miller Orchestra - It's Always You - On The Air (Glenn Miller
Productions)