[JPL] Playlist WCVE Richmond Friday February 15

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Feb 15 21:51:51 EST 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks and as my father told me many times:

"You have two speeds, son, stop and reverse."

He would also call me up on the phone and say "Hello this is me, is this
you?"

or "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Friday February 15, 2008

(Palmer, Williams) I Found a New Baby - Piano Interpretations - Wynton
Kelly - Blue Note - CDP 7 84456 2

(Mulligan) Jeru / (Mulligan) Venus De Milo / (Davis)  Deception - The
Complete Birth of the Cool - Miles Davis - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 4 94550
2 3

(Phil Sunkel) Round-up Time - Stan Getz: The best of the Verve Years -
Verve - 314 550 330-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Have You Met Miss Jones - Life's a Take - Roger
Kellaway and Red Mitchell - Concord Jazz - CCD-4551

(Acea) Breaking the Blues / (Moody, Jefferson) Birdland Story - Moody's
Blues - James Moody - Vogue - VGG 655016

(Kurt Weill) This Is New - Gratitude - Hadley Caliman - Origin Records -
82499

(Cole Porter) From This Moment on - The Best of Sarah Vaughan - Pablo -
PACD-2405-416-2

(Carmichael, Parish) Stardust - See You at the Fair - Ben Webster -
Impulse - GRD-121

(Stanley Turrentine) Sugar - The Essential George Benson - Stanley
Turrentine - Columbia/Legacy - 69699 85215 2

8:01 NPR News

(Rodemich, Conley) Shanghai Shuffle / (Oliver, Melrose) Sugarfoot Stomp -
A Study in Frustration - Fletcher Henderson - Columbia/Legacy - 57596

(Ellington, Carney, Mills) Rockin' in Rhythm - An Anthology of Big Band
Swing - Duke Ellington - Decca - GRD-2-629

(Boyd) McShann Bounce - Hootie Blues - Jay McShann - Living Era - CD AJA
5667

(Bill Harris) Characteristically B.H. - Charlie Ventura / Bill Harris -
High Note - HCD 7066

Madame Thiam Assa - Kele Manyi De - Cheick Hamala Diabate -
www.malimusic.net

(Alejandro Garcia Caturla) Preludio Corto No. 2 for Piano - Avatar -
Gonzalo Rubalcaba - Blue Note - 0946 3 84185 2 8

(Edward Green) Perception - Kenny Burrell - Prestige - OJCCD-019-2

(Jerome Kern, Otto Harbach) Let's Begin - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald
Songbooks: Ella Fitzgerald Sing the Jerome Kern Songbook - Ella Fitzgerald
- Verve - 314 519 832-2

(Ray Brown) Cannon Bilt - Much in Common - Ray Brown with the All Star Big
Band
Featuring Cannonball Adderly - Verve - 314 533 259-2

9:01 NPR News

(Sonny Clark) Blue Minor - Cool Struttin' - Sonny Clark - Blue Note - CDP
7 46513 2

(Ahlert, Turk) Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Here with You - Libby York
(with Warren Vache, Howard Alden, Jon Burr) - www.Libbyyork.com

(Gershwin) I Got Rhythm - Fraser Macpherson Trio Live at Puccini's 1977 -
Cellar Live - CL010177

(Ellington) What Am I Here for - Alone Together: The Best of the Mercury
Years - Clifford brown and Max Roach - Verve - 314 526 373-2

(Horace Silver) Peace - All in - WJO - Westchester Jazz Orchestra -
www.westjazzorch.org

(Gigi Gryce, Jon Hendricks) Reminiscing - You Are There - Roberta
Gambarini with Hank Jones - Emarcy - B0010622-02

(George Shearing) Conception - The Definitive George Shearing - Verve/Blue
Note - 314 589 857-2

(Lerner and Loewe) It's Almost  Like Being in Love - I've Never Been in
Love Before - Roger Carroll & Anthony Dowd

(Weill, Brecht) Mack the Knife - The Best of Lou Donaldson Volume 1
1957-1967 - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 27298 2 2