[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH Boston 2/15/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Feb 15 23:49:12 EST 2008

Jazz From Studio Four
Friday, Feb 15, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

CELEBRATING AFRICAN-AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH: THE ALTO SAXOPHONISTS

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Charlie Parker: My Old Flame; Out of Nowhere; Don't Blame Me; How Deep is
The Ocean, The Complete Dial Sessions (Stash)

8:22pm
Gary Bartz: Samuel, Monsoon (Steeplechase)
Pete Brown: Jim's Idea, Pete Brown 1942-1945 (Classics)
Benny Carter: Blues in My Heart, Benny Carter and The Jazz Giants (Pablo)

8:43pm
Earl Bostic: The Man I Love, Earl Bostic 1945-1948 (Classics)
Doanld Harrison: Nouveau Swing, The Survivor (Nagel Heyer)
Charles McPherson: Primal Urge, Manhattan Nocturne (Arabesque)

9:05pm
Sonny Stitt: It's Hipper Than That, How High The Moon (Chess/MCA)
Johnny Hodges: Squatty Roo, Passion Flower 1940-46 (RCA Bluebird)
Cannonball Adderley: Arriving Soon, Quintet Plus (Riverside)

9:25pm
Frank Morgan: Easy Living, Easy Living (Contemporary)
Arthur Blythe: Light Blue, Blythe Byte (Savant)
Bunky Green: The Thrill is Gone, Healing The Pain (Delos)

9:49pm
Oliver Nelson: Man With A Horn, Nocturne (Prestige Moodsville)
Oliver Nelson; Eric Dolphy: Alto-itis, Screamin' The Blues
(Prestige New Jazz)
Eric Dolphy: Tenderly, Far Cry (Prestige New Jazz)

10:06pm
Charlie Parker: Barbados; Ah-Leu-Cha; Constellation; Parker's Mood ,
Bird (Savoy)

10:19pm
Ornette Coleman: Jayne, Something Else!!!! (Contemporary)
Ken McIntyre: Say What, The Complete United Artists Sessions (Blue Note)
Roscoe Mitchell: Zero, Hey Donald (Delmark)

10:39pm
Greg Osby: The Sidewinder, New Directions (Blue Note)
Jaleel Shaw: My Future Just Passed, PErspective (Fresh Sound)
Steve Wilson: Easy Going Evening, Soulful Song (MaxJazz)

10:59pm
Vi Redd: This Love of Mine, Lady Soul (Atco LP)
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson: I Want A Little Girl, I Want A Little Girl (Pablo)
Sonny Criss: Saturday Morning, Saturday Morning (Prevue/Xanadu)

11:19pm
James Moody: It Might As Well Be Spring, At The Jazz Workshop (Chess/MCA)
Marshal Royal; The Ellington All Stars: I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good),
For Duke (Drive)
Hank Crawford: Angel Eyes, More Soul (Atlantic )

11:38pm
Benny Waters: Blues Amore, Live At 95 (Enja)
Lou Donaldson: Sweet Slumber, The Best of Lou Donaldson Volume 1 (Blue Note)

11:50pm
Charlie Parker: The Hymn; Bird of Paradise; Embraceable You,
The Complete Dial Sessions (Stash)