[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Feb 16,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 16 20:07:03 EST 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Feb 16,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Feb 16, 2008

Hour 1

SABERTOOTH - "Blues for C Piff" - Dr Midnight - (Delmark)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Awakening" - Awakening - (Mel Bay)

ANAT COHEN - "No Moon At All" - Noir - (Anzik)

ROBERT GLASPER - "Maiden Voyage" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

JOE BECK/JOHN ABERCROMBIE - "Mikey Likes It" - Coincidence - (Whaling City Sound)

CLIFFORD JORDAN/JOHN GILMORE - "Status Quo" - Blowing In From Chicago - (Blue Note)

DUKE ELLINGTON - "It Don't Mean a Thing" - Ken Burns Jazz - (Sony)

Hour 2

PAUL CARR - "Blue and Brown" - Just Noodlin - (Jazz Karma)

SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "The Things You Say" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

DAN FOGEL - "15 West" - 15 West - (Indep)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Return" - Return - (Spice Rack)

BIG PHAT BAND - "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

ANDREW HILL - "Limbo" - Compulsion - (Blue Note)

DEXTER GORDON - "I Want More" - Dexter Calling - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Just a Gigolo" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

Hour 3

JANE MONHEIT - "Overjoyed" - Surrender - (Concord)

FREDDY COLE - "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" - Merry Go Round - (Telarc)

KEMBA COFIELD - "Mangy Joe" - Shades of Kemba - (Indep)

JANET METZGER - "Honeysuckle Rose" - Small Day Tomorrow - (Indep)

KARRIN ALLYSON - "Wild World" - Wild for You - (Concord)

PATTI AUSTIN - "Stairway to Paradise" - Avant Gershwin - (Rendezvous)

SARA GAZAREK - "Blackbird/Bye Bye Blackbird" - Yours - (Native Language)

KAREN BLIXT - "My Favorite Things" - Spin This - (Hi Fli)

JANE MONHEIT - "Taking a Chance On Love" - Taking a Chance On Love - (Sony)

KEVIN MAHOGANY - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - Big Band - (Mahogany Jazz)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "The Song Is You" - The Song Is You - Best of Verve Sessions - (Verve)

Hour 4

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Conception" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Displacement" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "I Wish I Knew" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "What Is There To Say" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Tenderly" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

JOE GRANSDEN - "Blue N'Boogie" - Plays and Sings - (Hot Shoe)

GRANT GEISSMAN - "Wrong Is Right" - Say That - (Futurism)

STAN GETZ - "Desafinado" - The Essential - (Verve)

BOB RAVENSCROFT TRIO - "Fire In the Soul" - Fire In the Soul - (Ravenswave)

DEBORAH BROWN - "Double Trouble Blues" - unknown - (indep)

Hour 5

STEFON HARRIS - "Sunset and the Mocking Bird" - African Tarantella - (Blue Note)

DUKE ROBILLARD - "Shufflin With Some Barbecue" - Swing - (Rounder)

KELLY BRAND NEXTET - "Try Silence" - The Door - (Origin)

CLAIRE DALY - "Lady's Blues" - Swing Low - (Rakir)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Theme From the Odd Couple" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

GENE AMMONS W/JOHN COLTRANE - "Groove Blues" - Complete Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

KELLY BRAND NEXTET - "Ding Song" - The Door - (Origin)

ART FARMER AND BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Killer Joe" - Complete Argo/Mercury Small Group - (Mosaic)

Hour 6

CHRIS STEWART - "Hi Fly" - Phoenix - (Indep)

HERB ELLIS/JOE PASS - "Seven Come Eleven" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

JIMMY SMITH - "Messy Bessie" - Back At the Chicken Shack - (Blue Note)

EASTERN REBELLION - "All the Things You Are" - Simple Pleasure - (Music Masters)

KENNY BURRELL/JOHN COLTRANE - "Big Paul" - Complete Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

MILES DAVIS - "Round Midnight" - Complete Miles and Trane - (Sony)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM