[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 2/17

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Feb 18 11:08:42 EST 2008

Here's this past weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight

Woody Herman       Mo-Lasses                Mosaic Select
Mosaic

Keith Jarrett   Meaning of the Blues      Setting Standards
ECM

Art Blakey (w Keith Jarrett)     My Romance     Foundations
Rhino/Atlantic

Gonzalo Rubalcaba      This is It                Avatar
Blue Note

Marty Sheller            El Pavo                     Why Deny
PVR

1:00AM

Keith Jarrett     All the Things You Are     Setting Standards           ECM

Bob Moses (w Keith Jarrett)     Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Foundations               Rhino/Atlantic

Mal Waldron-Jim Pepper     Solar       Mal, Dance and Soul            Tutu

Herbie Hancock           Amelia                           River
Verve

Larry Coryell     My Shining Hour     Major Jazz, Minor Blues       32 Jazz

Michael Brecker        Anagram                      Pilgrimage
Heads Up

2:00AM

Keith Jarrett        It Never Entered My Mind    Setting Standards    ECM

Gary Burton-Keith Jarrett    Moonchildren/In Your Quiet Place

Foundations            Rhino/Atlantic

Gary Burton-Chick Corea     La Fiesta   The New Crystal Silence  Concord

Quartet San Francisco     Spain       Whirled Chamber Music          Violin
Jazz

Turtle Island String Quartet   Moment's Notice  A Love Supreme  Telarc

Eddie Daniels     Sextet mvmt 2                     Bridges
Red Mark

Stan Getz          I'm Late, I'm Late                Focus
Verve

3:00AM

Keith Jarrett    The Masquerade is Over         Setting Standards       ECM

Charles Lloyd (w Keith Jarrett)    Forest Flower      At His Best
Giants of Jazz

Terence Blanchard       Levees         A Tale of God's Will
Blue Note

Jae Sinnett    Crescent City Undercurrents         It's Telling
J-Nett

Pat Metheny         Is This America?                    Day Trip
Nonesuch

Enrico Rava-Stefano Bollani      The Third Man        (same)           ECM

4:00AM

Keith Jarrett        God Bless the Child            Setting Standards
ECM

Tony Scott             Don't Explain             Homage to Lady Day
Philology

Billie Holiday        I Cried for You       The Master Takes..
Columbia Legacy

Billie Holiday      Billie's Blues                         "
"

Adam Shulman     For an Unknown Lady    On Second Thought     Kabocha

Miles Black     Confirmation         Some Enchanted Evening           Cellar
Live

Paul West-Mark Brown    Groovin' High      Words and Music       Origin

5:00AM

Keith Jarrett    Meaning of the Blues          Setting Standards
ECM

Keith Jarrett     Honeysuckle Rose            My Foolish Heart
ECM

Larry Coryell      Funky Waltz                        The Coryells
Chesky

Elli Fordyce             Dindi                       Something Still Cool
Fordyce

Barbara Knight      Garota de Ipanema            Angel Eyes
Knight

Kat Parra            Night in Tunisia                    Azucar de Amor
Patois

Gregory Hickman-Williams   Dos Gardenias       Passages               Shoal
Creek

Charlie Haden    Moonlight Serenade    The Best of Quartet West   Verve

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV

26501 Renaissance Parkway