[JPL] JazzWeek Summit 2008 panel update/call for suggestions

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Mon Feb 18 20:37:46 EST 2008

Hi all once again ...

We've had a few folks submit panel suggestions for the summit.

Here's what we have penciled in so far:

1) Jukebox Jury (of course) -- perhaps even two sessions so we can cover
enough music and get more people involved

2) Incorporating Latin, World and Contemporary Jazz in your station's
programming

3) Jazz Music Director: Programmer or Gatekeeper

4) Scheduling and Selecting Music: software, clocks, and

Other suggestions/recommendations that sound really great include a
session covering on-air presentation and technique (we're looking at how
to and whom to present/moderate/teach this) and a session on best
practices on sending CDs/how many to send to stations, etc.

Please feel free to discuss ideas here on the JPL or send them to me at
ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com.

Thanks,
Ed