[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid. 2/18

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 00:47:33 EST 2008

Monday, Feb 18, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

African American History Month

An African American Panorama  The Voice

	8:00pm

8:07pm
Joe Williams: Every Day I Have The Blues, Every Day I Have The Blues
(Verve 314519813)

8:12pm
Jimmy Witherspoon: Good Rockin' Tonight, Jazz Me Blues (Prestige 11008)

8:17pm
Ella Fitzgerald: How High The Moon, Jazz Masters 6 (Verve 314519822)

8:27pm
Nat King Cole: Intro/Little Girl/Repeat After Me/ True Love/Too
Marvelous For Words/Too Young, Nat King Cole Shows Vol 2 (OTA 101903)

8:42pm
Louis Armstrong: Just A Gigolo, You're Drivin' Me Crazy (Columbia 48828)

8:45pm
Louis Armstrong: I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Louis In New York
(Columbia 46148)

8:48pm
Louis Armstrong: How Do You Do It That Way?, Louis In New York (Columbia
46148)

8:52pm
Louis Armstrong: Ain't Misbehavin', Louis In New York (Columbia 46148)

8:59am
Dinah Washington: Unforgettable, Unforgettable (Mercury 3145106002)

9:02pm
Bill Henderson: Never Kiss And Run, His Complete Vee-Jay Recordings Vol
1 (Vee-Jay 209)

9:05pm
Sarah Vaughan: Jim, Sarah Vaughan with Clifford Brown (Emarcy 814641)

9:13pm
Abbey Lincoln: The Musc Is The Magic, Abbey Sings Abbey (Verve 00008900)

9:17pm
Abbey Lincoln: Mr. Tamborine Man, Who Used To Dance (Verve 314533559)

9:24pm
Abbey Lincoln: Throw It Away, A Turtle's Dream (Verve 314527382)

9:30pm
Abbey Lincoln: They Call It Jazz, It's Me (Verve 0001268)

9:38pm
Billy Eckstine: Everything I Have Is Yours, Everything I Have Is Yours
(Verve 819442)

9:41pm
Billy Eckstine: Dedicated To You, Everything I Have Is Yours (Verve 819442)

9:44pm
Billy Eckstine: I Apologize, Everything I Have Is Yours (Verve 819442)

9:47pm
Billy Eckstine: Don't Get Around Much Anymore/I'm Just A Lucky So And
So/Caravan/Sophisticated Lady, At Basin Street At East (Mercury 832-592)

10:01pm
Mamie Smith: Crazy Blues, Blues Masters Classic Blues Women (Rhino 71134)

10:09pm
George W. Johnson: The Whistling Coon, Lost Sounds (Archeophone 1005)

10:12pm
George W. Johnson: The Laughing Song, Lost Sounds (Archeophone 1005)

10:16pm
Williams And Walker: My Little Zulu Babe, Lost Sounds (Archeophone 1005)

10:18pm
Bert Williams: Nobody, Lost Sounds (Archeophone 1005)

10:23pm
Sarah Vaughan: Black Coffee/Sometimes I'm Happy/Poor Buterfly, Linger
Awhile (Pablo 2312-144)

10:33pm
Sarah Vaughan: Love Story, Live In Japan (Mainstream 57123)

10:48pm
Bessie Smith: St. Louis Blues, The Collection (Columbia 44441)

10:51pm
Bessie Smith: I Ain't Gonna Play No Second Fiddle, The Collection
(Columbia 44441)

10:55pm
Bessie Smith: Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan), The Collection (Columbia
44441)

11:00pm
Dianh Washington: Send Me To The "Lectric Chair/Me And My Gin/Back Water
Blues, The Complete Dinah Washington On Mercury Vol 5 (Mercury 838952)

11:13pm
Dee Dee Bridgewater: Afro Blue, Red Earth (DDB 0009091)

11:18pm
Ella Fitzgerald: Mack The Knife, Jazz Masters 6 (Verve 314519822)

11:23pm
Ella Fitzgerald: Oh Lady Be Good, First Lady Of Song (Verve 314517898)

11:29pm
Nina Simone: Wild Is The Wind, The Best Of Nina Simone (Phillips 822846)

11:36pm
Shirley Horn: Estate, Here's To Life (Verve 314511879)

11:44pm
Nancy Wilson: You Can Have Him, The Nancy Wilson Show (Capitol 01571)

11:51pm
Billie Holiday: Don't Explain, V-Disc (Collector's Choice)

11:54pm
Joe Williams: Every Night, Every Day I Have The Blues (Verve 314519813)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston