[JPL] Google News Alert for: Jazz

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 19 10:19:00 EST 2008

Google News Alert for: Jazz + Music

John Brunious - New Orleans jazz trumpeter
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/18/MNKLV4O37.DTL>
San Francisco Chronicle - CA, USA
John Brunious, a jazz trumpeter who devoted his career to the music of his
native New Orleans, leading the Preservation Hall Jazz Band for more than a
dozen ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article
.cgi%3Ff%3D/c/a/2008/02/18/MNKLV4O37.DTL>

Ellington by Another Name, Just as Sweet
<http://www.nysun.com/article/71479>
New York Sun - New York,NY,USA
By WILL FRIEDWALD In jazz music ‹ and the music of Duke Ellington in
particular ‹ context is everything. Take Ellington's "The Flaming Sword,"
which is, ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.nysun.com/article/71479>

Rock vs. jazz <http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/2008/02/19/jazz_rock/>
Salon - USA
What interests me is the relationship between jazz and the music that helped
push it permanently to the margins -- rock. And the strengths and
weaknesses, ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/2
008/02/19/jazz_rock/>

The Air This Week
<http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2008/02/19/the_air_this_week>
Boston Globe - United States
1-6 am Jazz Gallery/Al Davis (WGBH) Saturday 4-7:15 am CD Review: Bartok
Violin Concerto; Hilary Finch on chamber music (BBC Radio 3) . ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/
2008/02/19/the_air_this_week>

'Rewind' director takes aim at the 'play' button in all of us
<http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2008/02/19/rewind_director_takes_a
im_at_the_play_button_in_all_of_us>
Boston Globe - United States
"In jazz music, you have a lot of training, and then you overcome your
training to become an individual," Gondry said of Waller. The same can be
said about ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/artic
les/2008/02/19/rewind_director_takes_aim_at_the_play_button_in_all_of_us>

There's music in his genes
<http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuar/arts/article/3/1083/1221242/Jazz/The
re's.music.in.his.genes/>
KUAR - Little Rock,AR,USA
... music and great pop songwriters. They were all like family to me,"
recalls Bill Charlap, the headliner for this year's annual GLT Jazz Masters
Concert. ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kua
r/arts/article/3/1083/1221242/Jazz/There%27s.music.in.his.genes/>

Black History Month: Jerome Richardson
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/18/DDUCV2UCJ.DTL>
San Francisco Chronicle - CA, USA
His academic understanding of music theory was something rare among jazz
musicians for the era, noted the Times. Yet Richardson's craftsmanship and
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article
.cgi%3Ff%3D/c/a/2008/02/18/DDUCV2UCJ.DTL>

Gwyneth Herbert
<http://www.kentonline.co.uk/news/default.asp?article_id=26610>
Kent Online - United Kingdom
Since her early days growing up in near Guildford surrounded by dad¹s jazz
music collection, she has been a natural entertainer. ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.kentonline.co.uk/news/defa
ult.asp%3Farticle_id%3D26610>

SOLARGUITARS - REDEFINING MUSIC MARKETING AND ESTABLISHING ARTIST ...
<http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71942&Itemi
d=9>
PR-USA.net (press release) - Varna,Bulgaria
If you are a fan of Jazz Rock Fusion music don't miss our weekly radio
shows. Call-Ins and an open chat forum give our fans direct contact with
their ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php%3Fopt
ion%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D71942%26Itemid%3D9>

Why are you critics so critical??
<http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2008/02/why-are-you-cri.html>
Kansas City Star - MO,USA
The majority loves Top 40 music and hates Blues and Jazz music. The majority
thinks our 60 year old television broadcast standard is excellent and HDTV
is a ...
See all stories on this topic
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/20
08/02/why-are-you-cri.html>

 This once a day Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

 Remove
<http://www.google.com/alerts/remove?s=EAAAAA58tfFW6m3RNdXBvdPAAMY&hl=en>
this alert.
Create <http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en>  another alert.