[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Tuesday February 19

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Feb 19 21:53:22 EST 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday February 19, 2008

(Kenny Drew) With Prestige - Farmers Market - Art Farmer - New Jazz -
OJCCD-398-2

(Miles Davis) Swing Spring - So Near So Far - Joe Henderson - Verve - 314
517 674-2

(Charles Mingus) Jump Monk - Mingus at the Bohemia - Charles Mingus -
Debut - OJCCD-045-2

(Richard Galliano) Blue Day - New York Tango - Richard Galliano - Dreyfus
Jazz - FDM 36 581 2

(William Tyers) Panama - Howard Alden & Ken Peplowski's Pow-Wow - Arbors
Jazz - ARCD-19340
(Teagarden, Condon, McPartland) Makin' Friends / (Teagarden, Condon,
McPartland) That's a Serious Thing / (Goodman, Teagarden) Texas Tea Party
- Basin Street Blues - Jack Teagarden - 222484-222

(Palmer, Williams) I've Found a New Baby / (Earl Hines) Fatha's Blues -
The Indispensable Earl Hines - Earl Hines - RCA - 66499-2

8:01 NPR News

Riffin' - Round about Midnight at the Café Bohemia - Kenny Dorham - Blue
Note - 7243 5 33775 2 6

(Bill Evans, Miles Davis) Blue in Green - Something for You - Eliane Elias
- Blue Note - 50999 5 11795 2 6

(Maceo Parker) Advanced Funk - Roots & Grooves - Maceo Parker - Heads up -
HUCD 3134

(Carla Bley) And Now the Queen - Closer - Paul Bley Trio - ESP Disk - 1021

(Marty Sheller) El Pavo - Why Deny - Marty Sheller Ensemble - PVR Records
LLC - PVR 1001

(F. Landesman, T. Wolf) Spring Can really Hang You up the Most - The Song
Is June - June Christy - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7243 8 55455 2 8

(Phil Woods) Lew Blew - Phil Woods/Lew Tabackin - Evidence - ECD 22209-2

(Pat Metheney) When We Were Free - Day Trip - Pat Metheney - Nonesuch
Records - 376828-2

9:01 NPR News

(Miles Davis) Four - Miles Davis: The Complete Concert 1964: My Funny
Valentine + Four and More - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 48821

(George and Ira Gershwin) Bidin' My Time - Unforgettable - Johnny Hartman
- Impulse - IMPD-152

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine - Tenderly - Oscar Peterson Trio -
Just a Memory (Justin Time) - JAM 9147-2
(Cole Porter) Begin the Beguine - Art Standards - Art Pepper - Galaxy -
GCD-4203-2

(John Coltrane) Naima - Coltrane: The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard
Recordings - John Coltrane - Impulse - IMPD4-232

(Meinken, Ringle) Wabash Blues - Duke Ellington & Johnny Hodges Play the
Blues Back to Back - Verve - 823 637-2

(Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne) It's Magic - Arnett Cobb / Dinah Washington -
High Note  - HCD 7068

(Lionel Hampton, Curley Hammer) Hey Ba Ba Re Bop - Hamp - Lionel Hampton -
Decca - GRD-2-652

(Rodgers and Hart) Blue Moon - Roy and Diz - Roy Eldrisge and Dizzy
Gillespie - Verve - 314 521 647-2