[JPL] jazzweek summit -- are new technologies replacing traditional radio

Bob Rogers taintradio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:12:03 EST 2008

Well, maybe half a ton.  Some of traditional radio's problems seem pretty
intractable to me, others not so much.  In any event, we're now in a time of
abundant and practical work-a-arounds for the limitations of many things
that are "intractable.".  I'm optimistic, but not about traditional radio.
I'm optimistic precisely because that doesn't work so well any more.  It's a
good time to be around unless you're a traditional terrestrial radio
station; thankfully I am not.  At a certain point in just about anything,
tradition is stultifying, if not actually toxic.  And that's a delightful
state of affairs!

In any event, there's plenty to talk about. I look forward to seeing many of
you in Rochester in June.

Best regards,

Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers