[JPL] Playlist, 1-21-08, Jazz From Blue Lake, Horace Parlan

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:40:03 EST 2008

Jazz From Blue Lake Playlist

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

*10 p.m.* Eastern Time

Duke Ellington, Rhapsody In Blue; Complete…: Mosaic.

Charles Mingus, Better Get Hit In You Soul; Mingus Ah Um: Columbia.

Horace Parlan, Wadin'; Us Three: Blue Note.

Horace Parlan, Little Ester; My Little Brown Book: Stunt/Sundance.

Dexter Gordon, It's You Or No One; Doin' All Right: Blue Note.

Trudy Pitts, Amazing Grace; Live at the Great American Music Hall: Doodlin'.

Dr. Billy Taylor, His Name Was Martin; It's A Matter of Pride: GRP.

Joe Lovano interview, 1-10-08

Joe Lovano, Monk's Mood; I'm All For You: Blue Note.

*11 p.m.*

Archie Shepp/Horace Parlan, Swing Low Sweet Chariot; Goin' Home:
Steeplechase.

Archie Shepp/Horace Parlan, Nobody Knows You When You're Down and
Out/Careless Love Blues/How Long Blues; Trouble In Mind: Steeplechase.

Charles Mingus, Boogie Stop Shuffle; Mingus Ah Um: Columbia.

Nicole Mitchell's Black Earth Ensemble, The Creator Has Other Plans For Me;
Black Unstoppable: Delmark.

Cuong Vu, Just A Memory; Vu Tet: Artist Share.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids

Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.