[JPL] Playlist, 1-23-08 Jazz From Blue Lake, 10 p.m.-3 a.m.

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:00:56 EST 2008

Jazz From Blue Lake Playlist

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

*10 p.m.* Eastern Time

Duke Ellington, Rhapsody In Blue; Complete…: Mosaic.

Stryker/Slagle Band, Bird Flew; Latest Outlook: Zoho.

Joe Lovano Interview, 1-10-08

Marc Johnson, Blue Nefertiti; Shades of Jade: ECM.

Joe Lovano Interview, 1-10-08

Paul Motian Trio, Wednesday; Time and Time Again: ECM.

Hot Club of Detroit, Stompin' at Decca; Hot Club of Detroit: Mack Avenue.

Django Reinhardt, St. Louis Blues/Minor Swing/My Serenade/Night and Day;
Retrospective 1934-53: Saga.

Coleman Hawkins All Star Jam Band, Out of Nowhere/Sweet Georgia Brown;
1937-39: Swing.

*11 p.m.*

Joe Lovano, Chelsea Bridge; Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life: Blue Note.

Hank Jones/Joe Lovano, Lady Luck; Kids: Blue Note.

Joe Lovano Interview, 1-10-08.

Joe Lovano Quartet, Bird's Eye View; Joyous Encounter: Blue Note.

Charlie Parker, Confirmation; Now's The Time: Verve.

John Coltrane, Giant Steps; Giant Steps: Atlantic.

Gary Burton, Soon; For Hamp, Red, Bags & Cal: GRP.

Django Reinhardt, Honeysuckle Rose/Appel Direct/Improvisation No. 2;
Retrospective 1934-53: Saga.

James Carter, Nuages; Chasing the Gypsy: Atlantic.

*12 a.m. (Out On Blue Lake)*

* *

Joe Lovano/Greg Osby, Broadway Blues; Friendly Fire: Blue Note.

Joe Lovano, New York Fascination; Fascination Trio: Blue Note.

Joe Lovano Interview, 1-10-08.

Joe Lovano, Sanctuary Park; Trio Fascination: Blue Note.

Joe Lovano, Entternro; Sounds of Joe: ENJA.

Saxophone Summit, Alexander the Great; Gathering of Spirits: Telarc.

Joe Lovano Interview, 1-10-08.

Saxophone Summit, Tricycle; Gathering of Spirits: Telarc.

* *

*1 a.m.*

* *

Django Reinhardt, I'll See You In My Dreams/Douce Ambience/Manoir de mes
Reves/Blues Clair/I Can't Give You Anything But Love; Retrospective 1034-53:
Saga.

Hot Club of Detroit, Troublant Bolero; Hot Club of Detroit: Mack Avenue.

Dave Bennett, I Can't Give You Anything But Love; Remembering Benny: WJS.

James Carter, Manior de mes Reves/Heavy Artillery; Chasing the Gypsy:
Atlantic.

Gary Burton, Django; For Hamp. Red, Bags and Cal: GRP.

*2 a.m.*

Von Freeman, Moose the Mooch; Best of: Premonition.

Nicole Mitchell's Black Earth Ensemble, Cause and Effect; Black Unstoppable:
Delmark.

Don Cherry Quintet, Free Improvisation/Music Now; Live at Café Monmartre:
ESP.

Keefe Jackson's Project Project, The Grass is Greener; Just Like This:
Delmark.

Joe Lovano Ensemble, Birth of the Cool Suite; Streams of Expression: Blue
Note.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids

Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.