[JPL] Playlist, Jazz From Blue Lake 1-24-08, Jimmy Forrest

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:19:00 EST 2008

Jazz From Blue Lake Playlist

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

*10 p.m.* Eastern Time

Duke Ellington, Rhapsody In Blue; Complete…: Mosaic.

Jimmy Forrest, Bolo Blues; Out of the Forrest: OJC.

Jimmy Forrest, Dexter's Deck; Forrest Fire: OJC.

Count Basie Orchestra, Body and Soul; Fun Time: Pablo.

Jazz Datebook.

Joe Lock Quartet, The Rosario Material; Sticks and Strings: Jazz Eyes.

Steve Davis Quartet, United; Alone Together: Mapleshade.

Holly Cole, Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries; Holly Cole: Koch.

Woody Herman, Apple Honey; Live at Club 15.

Freddie Cole, If I Love Again; Music, Maestro, Please: High Note.

*11 p.m.*

Jimmy Forrest, I Cried For You; Out of the Forrest: OJC.

Harry "Sweets" Edison, Nasty; The Swinger and Mr. Swing: Verve.

Count Basie Orchestra, Basie Power/Blues In Hoss's Flat; Santa Monica Civic
1972: Pablo.

Jazz Datebook.

Deep Blue Organ Trio, Ceora; Folk Songs: Origin.

Freddie Hubbard, Life Flight; Melting Pot: Blue Note.

Joe Beck/John Abercrombie, Things Ain't What They Used To Be; Coincidence:
Whaling City.

Norah Jones, Sinking Soon; Not Too Late: Blue Note.

*12 a.m.*

* *

Jack McDuff, The Honey Dripper; The Honey Dripper: OJC.

Jimmy Forrest, All The Gin Is Gone/Laura; All the Gin is Gone: Delmark.

Mainstream Sextet, Bedroom Eyes; Mainstream Jazz: Camden.

Dewey Jackson, Tishamingo; Live at the Barrell 1952: Delmark.

Jim Robinson, Atlanta Blues; Economy Hall Breakdown: Delmark.

Louis Armstrong, Blueberry Hill; 1958 Monterey Jazz Festival: MJF Records.

Ruby Braff/The Flying Pizzarellis, Was I To Blame For Falling In Love With
You?; C'est Magnifique: Arbors.

Jazz Datebook.

* *

*1 a.m. *

Nicole Mitchell's Black Earth Ensemble, Cause and Effect; Black Unstoppable:
Delmark.

Ben Allison/Man Sized Safe, Blow Back; Little Things Run the World:
Palmetto.

Cuong Vu, Accelerated Thoughts; Vu Tet: Artist Share.

Miroslav Vitous, Opera; Universal Syncopations: ECM.

Paul Motian Trio, Time and Time Again; Time and Time Again: ECM.

Jimmy Forrest, Remember; Forrest Fire: OJC.

Jimmy Forrest, Night Train/Blue Groove/Big Dip; Night Train: Delmark.

*2 a.m.*

Count Basie Big Band, Prime Time/Sweet Georgia Brown; Prime Time: Pablo.

Count Basie Big Band, The Heat's On; Prime Time: Pablo.

Jimmy Forrest, Blues and Tonic; Out of the Forrest: OJC.

Jack McDuff, I Want A Little Girl; The Honeydripper: OJC.

Jimmy Forrest, Caravan; All The Gin Is Gone: Delmark.

Phil Woods/Carl Saunders, Pink Panther; Play Henry Mancini: Jazzed Media.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Moon River; Buhaina's Delight: Blue
Note.

Holly Cole, Charade; Holly Cole: Koch.

Turlte Island Quartet, So What; A Love Supreme: Telarc.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids

Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.