[JPL] Playlist, Jazz From Blue Lake, 1-25-08, Benny Golson

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:45:08 EST 2008

Jazz From Blue Lake Playlist

Friday, January 25, 2008

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

*10 p.m.* Eastern Time

Duke Ellington, Rhapsody In Blue; Complete…: Mosaic.

Jimmy Amadie, The Gospel as We Know It/Warm and Gentle Ben; The Gospel as We
Know It: TPR.

Benny Golson, Killer Joe; Terminal 1: Concord.

Jazz Datebook.

Miles Davis Quintet, Stablemates; Complete Quintet: Prestige.

Bobby Hutcherson, Along Came Betty; For Sentimental Reasons: Kind of Blue.

Mark Masters Ensemble, I Remember Clifford; Clifford Brown Project: Capri.

Ginny Dusseau/Dave Collee Quartet, Whisper Not; I Thought About You:
Dusseau.

Benny Golson, My Heart Belongs to Daddy; Pick A Number: Chess.

*11 p.m.*

The Jazztet, Killer Joe; Best of Chess Jazz: Chess.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Blues March: Blue Note

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Along Came Betty;The Art of Jazz: In &
Out.

Jazz Datebook.

Stacey Kent, The Ice Hotel; Breakfast on the Morning Tram: Blue Note.

James Silberstein, You Don't Know What Love Is; Expressing Lane: CAP.

Hans Glawischnig, Oceanography; Panorama: Sunnyside.

Johnny Hartman, In the Wee Small Hours; Greatest Hits: Hippo.

Gerald Wilson Orchestra, I Concentrate On You; Monterey Memories: Mack
Avenue.

Freddie Cole, You Leave Me Breathless; Music, Maestro, Please: High Note.

*12 a.m.*

* *

Curtis Fuller, Five Spot After Dark; Bluesette: Savoy.

Curtis Fuller, I Walk Alone; All Star Sextets: Savoy.

Art Farmer, Fair Weather; Work of Art: Blue Note.

The Jazztet, Back to the City; Back to the City: Contemoporary.

Wynton Kelly, Keep It Movin'; Kelly Blue: OJC.

John Lewis, Afternoon in Paris; Wonderful World of Jazz: Atlantic.

Benny Golson, Park Avenue Petite; Terminal 1: Concord.

Jazz Datebook.

* *

*1 a.m. *

Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra, Stablemates; Birks Works: Verve.

Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra, Night In Tunisia; In South America Vol 1: CAP.

Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra, I Remember Clifford; Birks Works: Verve.

Tadd Dameron Orchestra, Philly J.J./Dial B for Beauty; Clifford Brown
Memorial: OJC.

Lee Morgan, Latin Hangover/Whisper Not; Complete Blue Note 1950's: Mosaic.

Lee Morgan, City Lights; Complete Blue Note 1950's: Mosaic.

*2 a.m.*

Benny Golson, Terminal 1; Terminal 1: Concord.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Blues March/Moanin'; Nuite at the Club
St. Germain: Blue Bird.

Benny Golson, Along Came Betty/I Remember Clifford; Live: Dreyfus.

Jimmy Amadie, Marching With G; The Gospel as We Know It: TRP.

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids

Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.