[JPL] Playlist, Jazz a la Carte, 1-26-08 / 7-10 a.m.

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:00:25 EST 2008

Jazz a la Carte Playlist

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

*7 a.m. Eastern Time*

Turtle Island Quartet, Naima; A Love Supreme: Telarc.

Django Reinhardt, I Can't Get You Anything But Love/Nuits de Saint-Germain
des Pres; Retrospective 1934-53: Saga.

Berelli LaGrene/WDR Big Band Cologne, Anouman; Djangology: Dreyfus.

Modern Jazz Quartet, Django; Django: OJC.

Jazz Datebook, www.bluelake.org/datebook.html.

Stan Kenton, Intermission Riff; Horns of Plenty Vol 3: Tantra.

Frank Rosalino/Carl Fontana, Laura/Embraceable You; Trombone Heaven: Uptown.

James Silbertsein, From This Moment On; Express Lane: CAP.

Stephan Riley, All of You; Once Upon A Dream: Steeplechase.

*8 a.m.*

Jimmy Amadie, The Gospel as We Know It; The Gospel as We Know It: TRP.

Gerald Wilson Orchestra, Allegro; Monterey Memories: Mack Avenue.

Joe Lock, The Sixth Sense; Sticks and Strings: Jazzeyes.

Jazz Datebook, www.bluelake.org/datebook.html.

Freddy Cole, If I Love Again; Music, Maestro, Please: High Note.

Paul Desmond, Look for the Silver Lining: Jazz Giants Play Kern: OJC.

Johnny Hartman, They Didn't Believe Me; Songs from the Heart: Bethlehem.

Lucky Thompson, They Didn't Belive Me; Jazz Giants Play Kern: OJC.

Keith Jarrett Trio, The Song Is You; My Foolish Heart: ECM.

Ted Brown, Cherokee; Shades of Brown: Steeplechase.

*9 a.m.*

Manu Katche, Clubbing; Playground: ECM.

John Scofield, Heck of a Job; This Meets That: EmArcy.

Pierre Dorge New Jungle Orchestra, Café Central; Jazz is Like a Banana;
Steeplechase.

Diane Reeves, My Little Brown Book; Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life: Blue Note.

Joe Lovano/Hank Jones, Four In One; Kids: Blue Note.

Jazz Datebook, www.bluelake.org/datebook.html.

Phil Woods/Carl Saunders, Pink Panther; Play Henri Mancini: Jazzed Media.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Moon River; Buhaina's Delight: Blue
Note.

Holly Cole, Charade; Holly Cole: Koch.

Duke Ellington, Morning Mood; Three Suites: Columbia

Lazaro Vega
Jazz Director
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline
WBLU FM 88.9, Grand Rapids.

Streaming live from www.bluelake.org.**