[JPL] Teo Macero, RIP

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Fri Feb 22 12:36:37 EST 2008

I'm sorry to hear the news on Teo Macero.  He spent more time with Miles
Davis in the studio creating music than any other individual. I
interviewed him some years ago and he was very generous with his time.
He was really upset not being asked to be involved in the reissuing of
Bitches Brew and In A Silent Way in particular
headed up by Bob Belden.  You can listen to a couple of separate
interviews on the Jazz Tracks section of wcpn.org I conducted with Teo
and Bob Belden that address this rift.

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM