[JPL] Dobbin's Den # 666 - February 24, 2008

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 22 17:05:12 EST 2008

The first day of my 74th year on the Planet!

DOBBIN'S DEN
BACKGROUND TO EDITION 666

Today we have a birthday tribute to BUDDY DeFRANCO, a memorial to HENRI SALVADOR, and many dedications.

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
February 24, 2008

BENNY CARTER

FURTHER DEFINITIONS [IMPULSE]

The Midnight Sun Will Never Set (comp. Henri Salvador)

HENRI SALVADOR

JAZZE! [BARCLAY]

Soleil de Minuit

REVERENCE [V2]

Alleluia! Je L'ai Dans La Peau

Cherche La Rose (with Caetano Veloso)  (for Dorothee Berryman)

PLAYS THE BLUES [EM ARCY]

Stompin' at the Savoy

Salvador Plays the Blues

DOROTHEE BERRYMAN  (in Chateauguay on Feb. 29)

P.S. I LOVE YOU [LA FACTRIE]

*La Vie de Cocagne  (for Jules et Jim)

*Que Rest-t-il de Nos Amours

*An Occasional Man

JOE SULLIVAN

BIG BAND [EFFENDI]

*Pete Power (for his son)

*Mourning Becomes The Rain (for Lafleche Dore)

BUD POWELL - DON BYAS

A TRIBUTE TO CANNONBALL [COLUMBIA]

Jeannine (for Jeannine White)

ANDRE WHITE

LUCK [CHANCE]

*In The Darkness (for his mother, Jeannine White)

*Orbit (for Art Roberts)

ELIANE ELIAS

SOMETHING FOR YOU [BLUE NOTE]

Waltz for Debby (for Bill Evans and Andre White's lady)

GUIDO BASSO - DAVE TURNER    (Turner at Upstairs - Feb. 29 - March 1)

MIDNIGHT MARTINI [JUSTIN TIME]

*In Walked Monk (for Thelonious)

BUDDY DeFRANCO

BLUES BAG [VEE JAY]

Blues Connotation

STUDIO PERFORMANCES [HEP]

Bird in Igor's Yard (for Charlie Parker and Igor Stravinsky)

Cairo (with Kenny Drew)

METRONOME ALL STARS

INTUITION [PROPER BOX]

Victory Ball (with DeFranco]

THE BEBOP ERA [COLUMBIA]

No Figs (with DeFranco)

ART TATUM

THE GENIUS OF THE KEYBOARD [GIANTS OF JAZZ]

Makin' Whoopee  (with DeFranco)

CANADIAN CONTENT: 8 of 22

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC - J4V 1V1 - CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)