[JPL] re MediaGuide

mfa - jazz radio promotion & publicity MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 11:51:42 EST 2008

Micele -

It is not that stations are not signed up.

There is no signing up of stations.

MediaGuide has receivers in a specific number of cities -- I think the
top 100 media markets in North America (i.e. not only the US but some
stations in Canada and also in Puerto Rico).

If a station is in a city in which there is no MediaGuide receiver
then airplay on that station is not registered.  Period.

It is the responsibility of record companies / artists to send their
CDs in for coding / activation at MediaGuide.  If this is not done
MediaGuide can't track a CD regardless of where it is played.

That's the story.

Mitchell
[JPL] re MediaGuide

Swingin Fox swinginfox at swinginfox.com