[JPL] Music speeds stroke recovery

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:30:43 EST 2008

The American ex-patriate drummer Ronnie Gardiner has developed a music
therapy for stroke and tramatic head injury victums. He's been in
Michigan for two residencies sharing his method. (And he fell in love
with a beautiful Grand Rapids woman so they now share a life between
Stockholm and Grand Rapids -- we were fortunate to have him play live
on the air from our studios last year and his band "Sliding Hammers,"
a two trombone group, played at Rochester last year and I believe will
be back again this year.

In any case, here's a You Tube of Ronnie's therapy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG1jjAl7e5Q