[JPL] PLAYLIST: WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz 2.22.08

Thomas M. "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 23 22:58:21 EST 2008

                                                                            WNMC
90.7 FM
                                                                  Traverse
City, Michigan, USA
                                                          Small
Town Station - World Class Radio
                                                                           <www.wnmc.org>

                                                          Friday
Afternoon Jazz, Biz Bisard, host

                     <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or
<mrjazzbiz at gmail.com> or <TBisard at message.nmc.edu>

                                                                        February
22nd, 2008

                                                                                      2
PM

                   new - TRAVIS SULLIVAN'S
BJÖRKESTRA                             Cocoon
                             "Enjoy"
                             (Koch)

                   new - ROBERTA GAMBARINI AND
HANK JONES                  Just Squeeze Me
                             "You Are There"
                             (EmArcy/UMG)

                                                                                    BREAK

                   new - THE FRANK VIGNOLA
QUINTET                                    Contact
                             "Kong Man"
                             ( www.frankvignola.com )

                             MBILIA
BEL
Boya Ye
                             "Bel Canto"
                             (Stern's Africa)

concert promo - TOM
RUSH
Original Talking Blues
& request           "Blues, Songs and Ballads"
                             (Fantasy/CMG)

                                                                                    BREAK

                             LINK DAVIS,
JR.
Mashed Potato Stomp
                             "Cajun Man"
                             (Cajun Crawdaddy Music)

                             THE STAPLE
SINGERS
This May Be the Last Time
                             "The Best of the Vee-Jay Years"
                             (Shout)

                   new - THE ERIC BYRD TRIO +
4                                               I've Got News for You
                             "Brother Ray"
                             ( www.ericbyrd.com )

                   new - TED KOOSHIAN'S STANDARD
ORBIT QUARTET      The Simpsons
                             "self-titled"
                             (Summit)

                             GRAZYNA AUGUSCIK &
PAULINHO GARCIA              title track
                             "Andança"
                             (GMA/ www.grazynaauguscik.com )

                                                                                     3
PM

                   new - BRAD
GOODE
title track
                             "Nature Boy"
                             (Delmark/ www.bradgoode.com )

             request - JOHNNY
COPELAND                                                        title track
                             "Catch Up with the Blues"
                             (Gitanes/Verve/UMG)

                             ARI
BROWN
Two Gun V
                             "Live at the Green Mill"
                             (Delmark)

                                                                                    BREAK

                             THE
RIZDALES
High Heeled Homewrecker
                             "Radio Country"
                             ( www.rizdales.com )

                             SARA
COX
Title and Deed
                             "Crowded Is the New Lonely"
                             ( www.saracox.net )

                             DEVITO/REA/PIETROPAOLI
God Must Be a Boogie Man
                             "So Right"
                             (CamJazz)

                             LIGHTNIN'
HOPKINS                                                        I Like to Boogie
                             "Straight Blues"
                             (OBC/CMG)

                                                                                     pause

                   new - AQUILES
BÁEZ
Como la Guayabera
                             "La Patilla"
                             (Cacao Musica)

                             FEDERICO
AUBELE                                                         Pena
                             "Compilation: Putumayo Presents Tango
                             Around the World"
                             (Putumayo)

                             WALEED
HOWRANI
The Entertainer in Beirut
                             "Compilation: 9 Pianists - Our Town, Our Time"
                             (Megawave)

                             THE DAVID FINCK
QUARTET                                         For All We Know
                             "Future Day"
                             (Sound Brush)

                                                                                     4
PM

                   new - JANE IRA
BLOOM
Ready for Anything
                             "Mental Weather"
                             (Outline/ www.janeirabloom.com )

                             LUTHER
ALLISON                                                             Bad Love
                             "Compilation: 35 x 35"
                             (Alligator)

                                                                                    BREAK

                             MADILU
SYSTEM                                                              Vincent
                             "La Bon Humeur"
                             (Stern's Africa)

concert promo -
PATCHOULI
Little Gasparilla
                             "The Summer Finding"
                             (Earthsign/ www.patchouli.net )

concert promo - MIRIAM
PICÓ
With the Top Down
                             "City Dreams"
                             ( www.miriampico.com )

                             TICKLAH
Mi Sonsito
                             "Ticklah vs. Axelrod"
                             (Easy Star)

                                                                                    BREAK

                   new - MATT
HAVILAND
One Never Knows, Do One?
                             "Beyond Good and Evil"
                             (Connotation/ www.matthaviland.net )

                             MACEO
PARKER
Off the Hook
                             "Roots & Grooves"
                             (Heads Up/CMG)

  Most of the music we play is available through
a link on our web site to CD Universe or from the CD Baby site

                                                                               ****************

We report our jazz, world, electronic, reggae and
breaking genre spins to the JPL - the Jazz
Programmers List  ( www.jazzweek.com ).  Our top
10 jazz, 5 jazz adds and top 10
world/international spins go to CMJ - the College
Music Journal ( www.cmj.com ). We also report our
top 10 jazz spins to
eJazzNews                                 (
www.ejazznews.com ). Our jazz and folk plays go
to Roots Music Report ( www.rootsmusicreport.com
) and  our folk spins are also sent to  the
FOLKDJ-L list  ( www.folkradio.org ). Blues spins
go to Living Blues magazine ( www.livingblues.com ).

                                                                           ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                  PLEASE SEND ALL PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL TO:

                                                            WNMC
attn: any of our music directors
                                                            1701
East Front Street