[JPL] PLAYLIST:WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Feb 23,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 24 14:42:39 EST 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Feb 23,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Feb 23, 2008

Hour 1

JOE BECK/JOHN ABERCROMBIE - "Things Ain't What They Used to Be" - Coincidence - (Whaling City Sound)

SABERTOOTH - "It's Gonna Flop If It Ain't Got That Bop" - Dr Midnight - (Delmark)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Return" - Return - (Spice Rack)

ERIC ALEXANDER - "Soft Winds" - Alexander the Great - (Highnote)

TROY ANDREWS - "Softly As In A Morning Sunrise" - The End Of the Beginning - (Treme)

BILL BUCHMAN TRIO - "Solar" - Out of the Blue - (Indep)

Hour 2

LOU DONALDSON - "Smooth Groove" - Complete Blue Note Small Sessions - (Mosaic)

JOE LOVANO - "Six and Four" - Joyous Encounter - (Blue Note)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Side Pocket" - On the Rebop - (Origin)

MILES DAVIS - "So What" - Kind of Blue - (Sony)

PAUL BOLLENBACK - "Dancing Leaf" - Invocation - (Elefant Dreams)

BILL MAYS TRIO - "Judy" - Going Home - (Palmetto)

PAUL CARR - "Blue and Brown" - Just Noodlin - (Jazz Karma)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "Short Story" - Folk Music - (Origin)

Hour 3

CHAKA KHAN - "To Sir With Love" - Classikhan - (Music World)

ELLI FORDYCE - "Almost Like Being In Love" - Something Still Cool - (indep)

DIANA KRALL - "Pick Yourself Up" - When I Look In Your Eyes - (Verve)

EVANS AND COPPOLA - "Lullaby Of the Leaves" - Flamingo - (Indep)

DIANNE REEVES - "Oh Lady Be Good" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

NEW YORK VOICES - "For All We Know" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

ALEXIS COLE - "Stompin At the Savoy" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

RENE MARIE - "A Sleepin Bee" - How Can I Keep From Singing - (Maxjazz)

LOREZ ALEXANDRIA - "D.B.Blues" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET W/JIMMY RUSHING - "Evenin" - Brubeck and Rushing - (Sony)

MARSHA DUPREE - "In a Sentimental Mood" - Sweet Soul - (Indep)

Hour 4

LEE MORGAN - "The Sidewinder" - The Sidewinder - (Blue Note)

DAN MORETTI - "Present Tense" - Passing Place - (Whaling City Sound)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "She's Leaving Home" - Folk Music - (Origin)

KELLY BRAND NEXTET - "Bitter Blew the Winds of March" - The Door - (Origin)

AFFINITY - "I'm Walking" - Route 66 - (Rhombus)

MOUTIN REUNION QUARTET - "Bird's Medley" - Something Like Now - (Nocturne)

VINCE NORMAN AND JOE MCCARTHY - "Remember Me When" - Words Cannot Express - (Origin)

DEXTER GORDON - "Lady Iris B" - Clubhouse - (Blue Note)

Hour 5

BILL EVANS TRIO - "How Am I To Know" - Green Dolphin Street - (Milestone)

SHIRATHA BEDDAGE - "Seoul Sister" - Roots and Branches - (indep)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Crystal's Waltz" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

KENNY BURRELL - "Habiba" - Blue Muse - (Concord)

ELDAR - "Point of View" - Eldar - (Sony)

BOBBY BROOM - "Coming Home" - Song and Dance - (Origin)

BRIAN BROMBERG - "Echoes" - It's About Time - The Acoustic Project - (Artistry Music)

CHARLIE PARKER - "Just Friends" - The Verve Story - (Verve)

Hour 6

RAY BARRETTO - "Ivy" - Standards Rican-ditioned - (Zoho)

RAY BROWN TRIO W/JOHN PIZZARELLI - "Tangerine" - Some of My Best Friends Are Guitarists - (Telarc)

MONIKA HERZIG ACOUSTIC PROJECT - "The Call" - What Have You Gone And Done - (Acme)

DAVID BUCHBINDER - "Swagger" - Shurum Burum Jazz Circus - (Monkfish)

DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET - "St Louis Blues" - 25th Anniversary Concert - (A&M)
RON DISALVIO - "Arcadia" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

DEXTER GORDON - "Soul Sister" - Dexter Calling - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Round Midnight" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM