[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 2-24-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:17:29 EST 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sunday 5-7 pm.

1) David "Fathead" Newman [birthday]-My Full House (Diamondhead)
2) Abbey Lincoln w/Savion Glover-Who Used To Dance (Who Used To Dance)
3) Cannon Re-Loaded-Sack O' Woe (Cannon Re-Loaded)
4) Roberta Gambarini/Hank Jones-You Are There (You Are There)

Mystery Musician Quiz: Teo Macero [died Feb. 19]
5) Thelonious Monk-Consecutive Seconds (Monk's Blues)
6) Sandole Brothers w/Teo Macero-Arabu (The Sandole Brothers and Guests)
7) Charles Mingus w/Teo Macero-Four Hands (Minor Intrusion)
8) Miles Davis-Nefertiti (Nefertiti)
9) Dave Brubeck-Koto Song (Jazz Impressions of Japan)

10) Guillermo Klein-Child's Play (Los Guachos II)
11) Guillermo Klein-Flores (Una Nave)
12) Guillermo Klein-Chucaro (Los Guachos III)

Mystery Musician #2: Michel Legrand [76th birthday]
13) Holly Cole-I Will Wait For You (Holly Cole)
14) Ilona Knopfler-Les Moulins De Mon Coeur (Live The Life)
15) Carmen McRae-What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life (The Great American Songbook)
16) Monica Mancini-The Summer Knows (Cinema Paradiso)
17) Michel Legrand-After The Rain (After The Rain)

18) Grand Pianoramax-Nikola Tesla (The Biggest Piano In Town)
19) Ethnic Heritage Ensemble-Major To Minor (Hot 'N' Heavy)
20) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com