[JPL] Richard Underhill and Yip Yip Monsters

Maurice Hogue onemansjazz at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 26 18:32:56 EST 2008

At 06:19 PM 26/02/2008 -0500, you wrote:

>Two separate topics here, I just wanted to say I for one love this new
>album from Richard Underhill, (Moment in Time) - I think the writing is
>great,  and it has nothing to do with the fact I've been watching youtube
>videos of the Martians from Sesame Street that go "Yip Yip Yip"
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VNMERVsC4
>
>Solomon, Peter N.
>WCVE-FM
>Richmond VA

Hi, Peter
I had to laugh when I saw this.  Richard Underhill, as leader of his old group
the Shuffle Demons, had been accused more than once of being from Mars.
The Demons were rather unique.

That said, are you just getting Moment in Time now?  I know I gave Richard
a long list of US radio addresses when that cd came out.  His most recent
release is called Kensington Suite, and has been nominated for a JUNO
award for contemporary jazz up here in Canada.  The winners will be
announced next month.  I like Moment the best of the two. Played it a lot
on my show.

ciao,
Maurice Hogue
CKUW Winnipeg