[JPL] Ascension/My 25th anniversary on-air

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:35:16 EST 2008

That's a Pentecostal image, you know, flames in the upper room and speaking
in tongues to be understood by all.

Ascension is a calling card from the generation inspired by Trane in the
1960's. The first version features more of Coltrane, the issued version
shines more on the sidemen.

WWOZ is happening. It is good to see there are traditions in non-commercial
programming which live on, that music programming ideas aren't as transient
as commerce. That ideas and aesthetics in programming can be as important in
radio as they are in the music we uphold.

Pete Siers!  You're fortunate to have a musician there to lead you into the
thick of it. Pete's son attends Blue Lake in the summer. French Horn.

LV