[JPL] Playlist - The Sounds of Jazz - KRFC, 88.9fm

eflash17 at comcast.net eflash17 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 18:24:06 EST 2008

"The Sounds of Jazz"
Host:  Eric "Flash" Flashner
Tuesdays, 10am-Noon
88.9 FM KRFC - Fort Collins, CO
www.krfcfm.org

2/26/2008

{Artist - Track - Album - Label}

1st Hour:

Jimmy McGriff - Groove Grease - Groove Grease - Groove Merchant (Theme)

Joe Henderson - Mode For Joe - Mode For Joe - Blue Note

Ron Blake - Of Kindred Souls - Shayari - Mack Ave*

Kenny Dorham - La Villa - Jazz Contrasts (Keepnews Collections) - Riverside*

Charlie Rouse - 204 - Takin Care of Business - Jazzland

Gonzalo Rubalcalba - Infantil - Avatar - Blue Note*

Brother Jack McDuff - Blues 1 and 8 - Live! - Prestige

2nd Hour:

Thelonious Monk - I Want To Be Happy - Genius of Thelonious Monk - Prestige

Brad Goode - Nature Boy - Nature Boy - Delmark*

Thomas Marriott - Everywhere I Go - Crazy: The Music of Willie Nelson - Origin*

Art Tatum - My Blue Heaven - Group Masterpieces, Vol 1 - Pablo

Horace Silver - The Outlaw - Live at Newport '58 - Blue Note*

Jae Sinnett - Locus - It's Telling...A Drummer's Perspective - J-Nett*

Nicole Mitchell's Black Earth Ensemble - Black Unstoppable - Black Unstoppable - Delmark*

Miles Davis Quintet - Salt Peanuts - Relaxin' - Prestige

Jeremy Steig - Howling For Judy - Droppin' Science - Blue Note*

* = New Releases 2007 & 2008