[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Wednesday February 27, 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Feb 27 21:45:14 EST 2008

Tonigth's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastation.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday February 27, 2008

(Burke, Johnston) Pennies from Heaven - Lucky in Paris - Lucky Thompson
with Martial Solal - High Note - HCD 7045

(Simon, Bernier) Poinciana - Roamin' with Richardson - Prestige -
OJCCD-1849-2

(Randy Weston, R. Evans) Little Niles - Kindred - Stefon haris and Jacky
Terrason - Blue Note - 7243 5 31868 2 1

(Mal Waldron) Light'n up - Soul Eyes - Mal Waldron - Prestige -
PRCD-11024-2

(Cole Porter) I Love Paris - Don't Go to Strangers - Etta Jones - Prestige
- PRCD-30007-2

(Moacir Santos) Suk Cha - Ouro Negro - Moacir Santos - Adenture Music - AM
1011-2

(Jair de Oliveira) Par, Impar - Simply Kenia - Kenia - Mooka Records -
M001020

(Ornette Coleman) Una Muy Bonita - Introducing Ornette Coleman - Rhino
Jazz - 8122776572

(Kirk) The Ragman and the Junkman They Ran from the Businessman They Ran
and he Cried - Dog Years in the Fourth Ring - Rahsaan Roland Kirk - 32Jazz
32032

(Parker, Rainger) I Wished on the Moon - All Business - Nick Brignpola -
Reservoir - RSR CD 159

(Fields, McHugh) On the Sunny Side of the Street - Some Enchanted Evening
- Miles Black Trio - Cellar Live - CL080307

8:01 NPR News

(Keith Jarrett) Sundial Part 2 - Staircase/Hourglass/Sundial/Sand - Keith
Jarrett - ECM - 827 337-2

(Richard Underhill) Traffic - Moment in Time - Richard Underhill - Stubby
Records - SRCD-7732

(Rodgers and Hart) Falling in Love with Love - Born to Swing - Nancy Kelly
- Amherst Records - AMH 4422-2

(Fats Waller and Clarence Williams) Squeeze Me - Handful of Keys - Hank
Jones - Verve/Gitanes - 314 514 216-2

Jazz Me Blues / Cryin' All Day - Bix Beiderbecke Volume 2: At the Jazz
Band Ball - Columbia - CK 46175

(Charlie Parker) Bloomdido - Phil Woods Quartet Volume One "A Live
Recording" - Clean Cuts - CCD 702

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer) I Thought about You - Miles Davis at
Carnegie Hall - Columbia - C2K 65027

(Monk) Evidence / (Monk) Crepuscule with Nellie - Thelonious Monk Quartet
with John Coltane at Carnegie Hall - Blue Note Records - 0946 3 35173 2 5

(Gillespie, Young, King, Van Alstyne) Beautiful Love - You Won't Forget Me
- Shirley Horn - Verve - 847 482-2

9:01 NPR News

(Rushing, Basie) Goin to Chicago Blues / (Johnston, Koslow) Live and Love
Tonight / (Kahn, Donaldson) Love Me or Leave Me - The Esential Count Basie
Volume 1 - Columbia - CK 40608

(Eddie Lockjaw Davis) The Chef - The Eddie Lockjaw Davis Cookbook Volume 1
- Prestige - PRCD-30009-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) How Long Has This Been Going on? - Little Jazz -
Roy Eldrisge - Verve - 314 523 338-2

(Meredith Wilson) You and I - Ray Charles and Betty Carter - Dunhill
Compact Discs - DZS-039

(Kenny Dorham) K.D.'s Blues - The Complete Round about Midnight at the
Café Bohemia - Blue Note - 7243 5 33775 2 6

(John Coltrane) Naima - Trio Nuevo + - Dave Askren - DaWay Music - DW
00020

(Charlie Haden) First Song (for Ruth) - People Time - Charlie Haden -
Verve/Gitanes - 314 510 823-2

(Duke Ellington) Love You Madly - The Oscar Peterson Trio - Verve - 314
513 752-2