[JPL] Buddy Miles "The California Raisin"

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Feb 28 13:52:32 EST 2008

I was a fan of Buddy before his teaming up with Jimi Hendrix for Band of
Gypsy which in my opinion was the best music produced by Jimi. I enjoyed
Buddy with the Electric Flag then later on with his own group and his
colloborations with Carlos Santana among many other projects. I wore out
Down by the River on my LP, then it came out on CD and I also acquired a
stone mint copy of the LP to replace my worn out copy.

Many of you may not realize that in the late 80s or early 90s when Buddy was
released from prison and resumed his career he was the voice of the popular
California Raisins TV ads, Buddy was the voice of the claymation raisin
singing  "I heard It Through the Grapevine"

Arturo