[JPL] Would like your opinion from Micele Grey

MERRILLFLA at aol.com MERRILLFLA at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 14:06:17 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/28/2008 12:14:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
swinginfox at swinginfox.com writes:

Hi,  JPLers

I have been listening to some new vocalists CD's and would love  to
hear some opinions about this from jazz programmers/

How  do you feel about vocalists who mess up some words in the
lyric..purposely or not?

Juat curious. Do you listen for  that?

Thanks

Micele Grey
Swingin' Fox  Music

It's hard to say without an example.
Playing vocalist who aren't American don't always  get it  right and Vice
Versa with Americans singing foreign lyrics.
I don't especially listen for that. If I like and it sounds  good it I play
it. I have never received a call about that problem. Maybe  it's because my
station WDNA is in Miami with so many different  languages....... I love  living
so close to the United  States.
How about programmers pronouncing the names wrong with the  Vocalist and the
Musicians? It's hard enough to read names sometimes and  who playing what
without a magnifying glass.

"Melodious" Mel Lipton
 WDNA 88.9 FM Miami
 Macher of Melody